• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Space Jam: Disc Golf Edition

RobA and slicknic007, I think you've missed the point just slightly. Rico, Doss, and Feldberg would have their talents removed because the alien overlord would have seen them at the NTs and viewed them as a threat. However, if you can create a ridiculous backstory as to why the alien overlord would have missed them in his talent evaluation or not viewed them as a threat, I'll let it slide.

Rico would definitely be a great pick otherwise. Great putter, mean roller game, and can still rip drives with the best of them. Barry on the other hand is a great pick as he's playing masters and would therefore not be noticed in the talent evaluation.

The point of this ridiculous thread is to find some great players that would have been overlooked for not touring or playing in something other than MPO and pit them against the best of the best with the fate of the world on the line. A classic underdog situation. The other point is to think of some ridiculous story lines.

Edit: I am also aware that this is a very stupid idea. It gave me some good relief from studying yesterday though, so I'll call it a win.

Nah, I missed the point completely, lol. The irony of the game went way over my head, lol. :|

OK, now that I know the rules:

- Steve Rico - under the radar enough to get through
- Bubba Watson - would fit right in with most DGers I know
- Carl Edwards - gotta have a good ole boy in there
- Catrina Allen - she is really good, and hot

Nate Doss- Discraft sponsored, solid, well rounded. Not under the radar yet no one has selected him?
James Proctor- Prodigy sponsored, mostly CA tourneys, underrated forehand
Nikko Locastro- Mixed bag, again nobody's mentioned him? Good from outside the circle on the putting game.
Cale Leiviska- Prodigy sponsored player who can mix it up really well.

I must say, congrats on a rather interesting thread.

Paul Ulibarri - The best player not yet mentioned. You didn't pick him because he is often overlooked.

Avery Jenkins - I think the only other World Champ not mentioned. You didn't pick him because you think he's washed up.

Markus Kallstrom - Throws faar and can compete with the best. You didn't pick him because he hasn't played much recently and is Swedish.

Darrell Nodland - One of highest rated players. You didn't pick him because he doesn't leave North Dakota.

I feel like either no one is reading the OP or I was way too long winded and buried the important parts with back story. But I'm still having fun with it.

I'm going to let Rico slide. As the evil alien I totally would've noticed Nate Doss and Paul Ulibari and incapacitated their talent. I'm not that bad of an evaluator. Locastro and Leviska have been travelling a lot less. Maybe there's a chance I missed them, but they're on the bubble of being too high profile that I would've incapacity them to eliminate the threat.

Proctor, Kallstrom, and Nordland, great picks. Totally would've slipped under this evil alien's radar and could bring some mean game.

Avery Jenkins is a great storyline. Despite his duties as a new father he'll sacrifice and do what it takes to save us all.

Catrina Allen, great strategy. Way to think outside the box. However, this alien overlord would be much more distracted by the Viking goddess that is Ragna Bygde.

I feel like either no one is reading the OP or I was way too long winded and buried the important parts with back story. But I'm still having fun with it.

This is disc golf baby, people gonna play how they want to play, lol. Reminds me of the thread where one course designer was complaining about people hyzering on a hole he intended to be an anhyzer hole. :doh:

MikeC
The Sandstroms
GCRussel

Team MVP!
You overlooked the team because your top pick said "no pros throw MVP".

Your overconfidence is your downfall. Gyro flies better in space.

I'm going to rock it local (Norwalk, CT) via the Frizzaks. All of these guys are still top flight players in New England, and video exists of all of them on the various MSDGC DVDs (which you do not know about because DVDs aren't used anymore because Blu-Ray and Youtube):

Bobby Cowperthwait - Innova sponsored - big arm, clutch putts, crafty left-handed escapes
Sjur Soleng - formerly Innova sponsored - throws the best roc shots in CT, great overhand
Bard Soleng - formerly Discraft sponsored - throws great rollers, solid all-around game
Matt "Domeo" Buono - the lefty - great all-around game, and the team captain (he's Team Cranbury's captain for the New England Team Challenge)
Jeff Cahill - the secret weapon - best putter I've ever personally played with

Pretty hilarious thread. I wonder if the aliens would try to pick up Sasquatch from the Jack Links commercial? If someone hits a big shot, he would probably get a little violent, which is how the aliens played in the movie. The human team may need to have plenty of reserves if the Sasquatch were to play!

id pick nikko, guthrie, eagle mcmahn and jay reading
hoping you skipped over nikko since he hasnt won a big tourny in awhile he would be great at hitting huge lines and knocking down big putts
guthrie can throw bombs with the best of them.
eagle is a young up and comer with a solid all around game
yeti is a no brainer in best shot. dude can knock down long putts like no one else