• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Selling] SpitFire Minis!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow guys I appreciate the support!!
Adamtheking I take no offense in your comments

I make many things other than minis, I also do woodwork, leatherwork, home repairs etc
I try my best to offer a quality handmade product at a fair price. Each mini takes about an hour to make but requires 24 hours of cure time, longer if doing multiple layers, a logo mini would be an example of multiple layers. Then the time it takes to turn each one on my lathe.

Resin blanks used in pen making or game calls start at $10.00 and go up as high as $30.00 just for a blank. No tooling. If I were to cut a mini blank into blanks for making pens I'd easily be able to sell them for $10.00 with no other work involved besides pouring and swirling colors so add in the cost of sandpaper, finish and the time it actually takes to tool the mini as well as the cost of shipping which is included in my prices my minis become very affordable. most people who buy my minis like the fact that they have something handmade, unique, one of a kind item made their way. After the cost of resin, dyes, sand paper, Polish, tools etc I make less than $12.00 an hour making these. Ask any skilled craftsman, that is a very low hourly rate for a specialty product. This is a hobby, I work full time 3rd shift. If this were a full time gig the prices would indeed be higher but I get satisfaction watching something I have made, from scratch, with my own two hands leave my shop and be used by hundreds of people around the world. I've made them for companies like Bearded Brothers and even Paul McBeth uses my minis.

bump for being excited to spend my bucks on some hand-crafted sweetness.

Wow guys I appreciate the support!!
Adamtheking I take no offense in your comments

I make many things other than minis, I also do woodwork, leatherwork, home repairs etc
I try my best to offer a quality handmade product at a fair price. Each mini takes about an hour to make but requires 24 hours of cure time, longer if doing multiple layers, a logo mini would be an example of multiple layers. Then the time it takes to turn each one on my lathe.

Resin blanks used in pen making or game calls start at $10.00 and go up as high as $30.00 just for a blank. No tooling. If I were to cut a mini blank into blanks for making pens I'd easily be able to sell them for $10.00 with no other work involved besides pouring and swirling colors so add in the cost of sandpaper, finish and the time it actually takes to tool the mini as well as the cost of shipping which is included in my prices my minis become very affordable. most people who buy my minis like the fact that they have something handmade, unique, one of a kind item made their way. After the cost of resin, dyes, sand paper, Polish, tools etc I make less than $12.00 an hour making these. Ask any skilled craftsman, that is a very low hourly rate for a specialty product. This is a hobby, I work full time 3rd shift. If this were a full time gig the prices would indeed be higher but I get satisfaction watching something I have made, from scratch, with my own two hands leave my shop and be used by hundreds of people around the world. I've made them for companies like Bearded Brothers and even Paul McBeth uses my minis.

leatherwork??? is it possible we could discuss a handmade guitar strap?

im also a huge fan of your minis.i do own one and get questions regarding it basically every time i play with someone different.people love them!

I'm not sayinf anythung bad about the guy. He can charge whatever he wants and the minis are cool. Its just strange to me that a person would spend $20 to mark their disc. You guys must have better jobs than I do csuse thats a lot of money to me. I forget sometimes that not everyone is low lower middle class like me and actually earning their living working hard and being honest. You guys are probably state workers or something right?

nah im broke too lol .. and i dont own one and i cant afford it either but its def on my wish list.. but yeah as far as the price its beyond reasonable for what the product is.. i get where you are coming from just think it came across the wrong way .. keep up the great work Spit! :thmbup:

leatherwork??? is it possible we could discuss a handmade guitar strap?

im also a huge fan of your minis.i do own one and get questions regarding it basically every time i play with someone different.people love them!

Scarps, I sent you a PM regarding the guitar strap!

was checking out your Facebook page...

I was wondering if this thread or your fb page is the best place to monitor for new stuff? I LOVE the galaxy colored minis you posted back in October.

My Facebook page is probably the best place to checkout all my new minis. I post here as well but not always as quick as my Facebook page. I'm a big fan of the Galaxy minis too.

I was wondering if this thread or your fb page is the best place to monitor for new stuff? I LOVE the galaxy colored minis you posted back in October.

Some new very limited run minis! GLOW MINIS!! I have 5 available at the moment. This is my first time offering these for purchase on here. The glow is activated same way it is on your regular glow disc. Flashlight, car light, cell phone flash etc. the minis are in the same order in both the daylight pic and night pic. Hard picking up the amount of glow in a picture but I did the best I could. $25.00 shipped in the U.S.

Where are my fisherman at?! Fishing fly incased between the color layer and the clear layer of resin. Truly unique and one of a kind! First ever mini like this! Also $25.00 shipped in the U.S.

I'm not sayinf anythung bad about the guy. He can charge whatever he wants and the minis are cool. Its just strange to me that a person would spend $20 to mark their disc. You guys must have better jobs than I do csuse thats a lot of money to me. I forget sometimes that not everyone is low lower middle class like me and actually earning their living working hard and being honest. You guys are probably state workers or something right?

Wow, you should just give up the internet altogether. It seems impossible for you to even form a legible thought with a keyboard. :| Your spelling and use of grammar is off the charts...but in the wrong direction. Stay classy, Adam. (Yes, I realize his post was months old, but it still warranted a response, with how much ignorance was in one post)

Bump for a great seller.

Last edited:
Bump for awesomeness!!! That fly mini is truly amazing & I don't even fly fish!
Definitely gotta get one of these soon!!!!!!! Thanks for posting your amazing work

Best minis you can get. :hfive:

Attachments

• 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 65
Thanks for the kind words fellas!!

Two more up for grabs

Silver pearl with yellow and red pearl fire star

Always popular red white and blue