• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Squaw Valley tram groupon (Lake Tahoe)

Danger

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hey all, just wanted to mention that Groupon Reno is offering a 2 for 1 on the tram ride, making it $29 for two instead of $58. It's active for 3 more days and valid till mid September, Saturdays excluded. Sorry, I don't have a link because I'm on my phone, but its a great deal. Well, better than paying $58 :)

Damn, individual tickets are 29 now? Thats crazy, was just 25 last year. There are places you can buy a ski lift ticket for less then that! I just walk up now, and then download for free.

Walk up takes 2.5 hours. That's crazy hike.

This is my last course in the Tahoe basin. I got my coupon today, thank you Danger for the heads up. I wish they just allowed people to wheel their own rigs up to the top. I'd pay 5$ to drive up myself.

This is my last course in the Tahoe basin. I got my coupon today, thank you Danger for the heads up. I wish they just allowed people to wheel their own rigs up to the top. I'd pay 5$ to drive up myself.

I would be down for this. We could take my brothers rig. He just won his second Cal-Neva rock climbing event with it.

531165_572488722033_712948318_n.jpg

That's awesome.

And Mike - no credit for me? I told you about this thread! :D

I have a question for humchris85:
I noticed that the Squaw Tram is having some kind of 'full moon party' on Thursday, August 2. That day, the tram is running 11:00AM - 4:30PM, then 8:00PM - 2:00AM. Do you know if we would be able to take advantage of down-loading the tram after 8:00PM if we were to ride up during the day? Is this something I should call the resort to inquire about?

I have a question for humchris85:
I noticed that the Squaw Tram is having some kind of 'full moon party' on Thursday, August 2. That day, the tram is running 11:00AM - 4:30PM, then 8:00PM - 2:00AM. Do you know if we would be able to take advantage of down-loading the tram after 8:00PM if we were to ride up during the day? Is this something I should call the resort to inquire about?

I'm not sure on this one. I would suggest giving them a call.

Walk up takes 2.5 hours. That's crazy hike.

I made it up in around 50 minutes last week, don't know where your getting 2.5 hours from. I've made it from the parking lot to granite chief peak in under 2, and it's twice as far.

I was basing it off what I heard from all the locals and what the hikers told me when I was there.

I made it up in around 50 minutes last week, don't know where your getting 2.5 hours from. I've made it from the parking lot to granite chief peak in under 2, and it's twice as far.