• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Standing up straighter

DieselX

I have been playing for a few months and have been getting progressively better but have been having problems getting some discs to turn over that should be easy. Well I read somewhere on this forum about standing up straighter for anny shots and damn!! I was throwing rollers by accident!! I even birdied the last hole which isn't hard but turns to the right and dropped my Valk beside the basket.

Still have to get it dialed in but wow! all those discs I have now I can actually use. No more nose up fade hard anny's hopefully haha.

as your form gets better, and your under stable disc wear in...it is probable that you will have to throw them w/ a touch of hyzer to get them to flip up to flat.
IMHO, it's more consistent to bend a lil at the waist and maintain a " straight back straight forward " stroke to accomplish this.

as your form gets better, and your under stable disc wear in...it is probable that you will have to throw them w/ a touch of hyzer to get them to flip up to flat.
IMHO, it's more consistent to bend a lil at the waist and maintain a " straight back straight forward " stroke to accomplish this.

Thanks! Yeah my Leopard has been getting a little too flippy unless I put some hyzer on it and I have an extremely beat Valk that flips hard with a headwind.

But I have a newish Teebird and Archangel that still don't turn. Well the AA turns but comes back fast.

It's just cool to learn how to manipulate the angels by how I stand up!

Simple things I learn on here.

I had an Aha moment today while I was doing field work. For the past year I hqve been trying to increase my distance without any progress. So after being very frustrated I was thinking of what do I need to try, and then it hit me. I stood up straight! I havebeen trying to throw like one of the "big dogs" in the sport. I watched all the videos of his form and tried to incorporate it in my throws. It did'nt work. As soon as I stood straight up, I threw at 50% effort and BANG!! MY mids were going further than my drives were and also with more accuracy. When I threw my drivers, they almost went out of the ball field I was throwing at. The drives were going at least 300' . This was a breakthrough in my whole game. I'm very excieted about the change I made.
Just stand up!!

Any shot released on hyzer doesn't work very well standing straight up and most pros release on hyzer angle than anything else. It's all about maintaining dynamic balance and posture to the shot.

I'm not saying that I am standing up as straight or even hyper extended like for an anhyser shot. What I am saying is that I am standing up more that what I have been in the past. I'm sure it depends on your own set of circumstances however for me it worked today. I do know that this has come about from me doing countless hours of field work with no results.
I have to agree with you SW that most "big boys/women" throw in hyser position (bent over some) and their shots reflect that.