• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star Destroyer VS. Wraith(s)

Which distance driver rules them all?

• Star Destroyer!

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Dx Wraith

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Pro Wraith

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Star Wraith

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Champion Wraith

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Destroyer & Wraith Suck!

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other (Do tell)

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
i have both a star and a pro wraith. they were both given to me, and both used when i got them. between these two, the pro wraith definitely flies a little further. i basically keep the star wraith for a backup. i've had the pro wraith for around 1.5yrs, and i've just noticed recently that it is starting to get flippy, turning over more and fading back less.

as far as destroyers, i had one in a star plastic and didn't like it that well, i think mostly it is because i don't have a strong enough arm to reap the benefits of that disc. i gave that one to a buddy of mine who throws quite a bit farther than i do.

with all that being said, i think that the dx valkerie is probably one of best drivers i've ever thrown. most of the longest drives i've ever thrown have been with a dx valkerie. amazing for a speed 9 driver disc.

I didnt realize the boss and groove are 13 speed rated holy crap. I'm gonna go ttry to pick one up today!!

I made a similar upgrade from my old goto (CE Valkyrie) to the Star Wraith. I love the grip and it seems to break in consistently and at a slower pace than the DX plastic. I bet I picked up 50'-75' on my drive once I figured out how to throw it, now it's my goto long distance driver.

Probably a no brainer for most but I found that if I can release it flat at about armpit height, or on a slight anhyzer angle, it will hold a long straight line as long as anything I've thrown. I like throwing heavier discs so I went with a 175g. I am impressed with the feel of the star plastic. That being said, I find that once these Star Wraiths get to a certain level of wear, I have to throw them on a slight hyzer angle or they'll turn right and go for days (often in the direction I didn't want them to go).

For that reason, maybe I will add a Star Destroyer to the rotation (I am assuming they are the next level of stable from the Wraith)

All in all, it's amazing how fast a new disc will replace a years old favorite once you extend your distance 50-75'. Another reason I prefer the star plastic is that I find I can get a lot more pop on the disc than I seem to get with Champion/CE plastic. I now use my CE discs (i.e., teebird/leopard) when the distance is shorter or a more finesse shot is required.

Absolutely love the Star Destroyer. I flip my buddies Champ Wraith every time I throw it. Just picked up a Groove, and it may be my new favorite, but the Destroyer will always have a place in my bag.

well then you should throw the boss because you have the ass for it.:)

I definately appreciate the advice, I playesd with another local pro today who uses the boss for long distance hyzers, but admittadly cuz he is older. It seemed to fly perfect for my velocity. I went to pick one up, but due to the better weather in the last 3 days disc have been gettin bought up I guess. I'll buy one online since i'm forced too. Not to be an asshole but the odds are whoever bought it probably can't handle the force of it. I'm not a top pro by any means but I wish I was cuz I would give lessons to everyone cuz sadly I fell like all discs should have a chance at reaching their potential. Seriously, I wish better playing for everyone other then myself (No matter how upset i get) I donno maybe i'm just a freak, but anyways GOOD DISCIN YA'LL!!!

Latest posts