• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star Katana

Sorry, didn't read the whole thread but did catch this ^^. I'm throwing a 166 R-Pro Katana and have thrown it for about a month. While it is butter now, I know it's flight pattern has changed rather quickly in the last week. I'm thinking it might not be long before it becomes flippy.

I want to get another and thought about getting the Star, but is it the general consensus the flight isn't as long as the R-Pro?

How was that 166 R-pro for you? Longest flier in your bag?
Really interested in what you say. I have 2 150 class R-pro and 2 super lite r-pro (124g). Wondering if I should use them, trade them, store them...or what.

From what I'm reading (and I'll wait to see what someone who has thrwn them will say) the Echo Stars are real domey and hence will glide more than the regular star. The Champs are pretty flat as a side note.

why can't you be more like Lithicon and write a novel.... I can read pages and pages of nonsense but what I want to discuss gets one liners...<sigh>

LOL...are you talking to me? If so, I can give you some more details. Ok, this is from a woman's perspective also.

Rim on the R-Pro is a good fit for my hand. I think the Gumminess helps me hold on to it better. I felt a Star last night and it was too slick to get a good grip on based on the size of my hand vs rim.

When I first started throwing the 166 R-Pro, it had left fade (RHBH). I could throw it really far but lost some distance with the fade. Well, I've been throwing the disc for a month now and it is throwing straighter and farther; at least out to 300ft for me, which is far (playing about 16 months altogether and female).

And it's not just a few fluke throws here and there; this is starting to become very consistent. I now have a 169 backup I picked up in a player's pack. Now when I need a long straight shot to fade left at the end, I'm using it. I think I will probably rotate the R-Pros in and out of my bag and just forget the Star. I can swing 10 dollars every 3 months.

Because yes, it makes that big of a difference in my game.

Yeah! you rock! Thanks for the critique....

Maybe I will huck those r-pro Katanas I have now.

back-to-back aces!!!!! done that...

The 2010 worlds stamp is alright...brian said they had the same guy do it, thats done it for like the last 4 years...his other ones were a little bit better I think...i mean don't get me wrong, its cool he incorporated the lemon for Lemon Lake Park....Anyways, I hope to make it out there at least one day to help out...

This message is not quoting it, but I did read your signature stating your BACK-TO-BACK ACES!!! That's sweet, dude! :)

I also got B2B ACES back on Fri, 6/20/92 at Redan Park (Rosewood-DeKalb DGC) in Redan, GA.

Hole #11 - long position 205 ft, white Vortex, hyzered in dead center - CHING!!!

Hole #12 - long position 242 ft, white Roc, so miraculous yet flukey - I released early, but with lotsa snap, missing 2 trees on left, turned over in direction of pin 100 ft away, then hit a root in ground 15 feet from pin, skipped and CHING! Ricocheted right in!!! I was freaking out, dude!!!!!! My brother Rob was playing with me at time, and several players were around other holes noticing it all, so yes, that was my magical day!

It was a casual round, so despite 2 aces, I also had 2 birdies, and 3 bogeys, and only shot a -3. But hey, I'll take it anyday, cash or no cash lol!!! :D One day though, I definitely wanna win a phat ACE FUND in some local singles/dubs action!

At that time I had been playing like 2.5 yrs, so you got your B2B ACES way early in your career. Hey, we're in an elite class!!! :)

Latest posts