• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star Katana

I got 475' or so with my E* bosses yesterday. My friend throws a lot of E* destroyers, so I might give 'em a try. I did throw an E* Wraith and it had TONS of glide, but has lots of turn. Maybe a little too much turn. It turned more on a 430' shot than my Katana did on a 500' shot.

How wide is the rim of the destroyer compared to the Katana? What about rim depth? That is a problem for me on the katanas. (The actual height of the rim to the flight plate.) Thoughts?

E* Destroyers are more stable than E* Wraiths or E*Bossses in my experience (at least when new), you just have to get a stiff one with a poppy dome. I like breaking them in just a little and ripping them with a little hyzer to flip up and get a full flight.

Champion...the only way to travel

I would recommend getting ahold of the Champion version.....the disc is already understable....so the Pro and Star will eventually get too beat in...and then the disc is super flippy....In the meantime, those who are sporting the champion versions will still be getting the same consistent shot and glad they spent the extra money to do so....gl..

Man....if they could only bring out the Z NUKE......aaaaaaahhhhhhh....hands down, the next disc on the "2 buy list"...but apparently will never happen due to molding issues....so I hear...booooooooooooooo! lol gl

Man....if they could only bring out the Z NUKE......aaaaaaahhhhhhh....hands down, the next disc on the "2 buy list"...but apparently will never happen due to molding issues....so I hear...booooooooooooooo! lol gl

It WILL happen...probably sooner than later. However, it won't be the same Z plastic that you know and love...just like the ESP in the Nuke is not the same.

I'm feeling the need to buy some new plastic and I'm trying to decide between the reg. production star katana and the GL halo. I throw teebirds 300-320' and valks 315'-340'. I liked the stability of my 171 pro katana for the first 40 throws and was getting it out to 365'. I was thinking of getting something around 164 gr. Thoughts on which disc/weight would be best for my arm?

I'm feeling the need to buy some new plastic and I'm trying to decide between the reg. production star katana and the GL halo. I throw teebirds 300-320' and valks 315'-340'. I liked the stability of my 171 pro katana for the first 40 throws and was getting it out to 365'. I was thinking of getting something around 164 gr. Thoughts on which disc/weight would be best for my arm?

Halo will be much more overstable than the Katana in my experience. Depends on if you want a nice big fade at the end or not.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the super lite katana yet... just picked up a couple for water holes where I don't want to see another disc go ploop and gone..

Anyone on here try one of those yet? I throw a super lite boss now for this and it flies a mile with a sweet as molasses s curve.

Nice Avatar

My local store has roughly 6 of them in stock. Only Blue/Orange ones are left, I got the last white one. They have them priced at 19.99. I traded in 12 disc's that I wasn't using for store credit and got a Innova Red/Black bag and a White 175 Star Katana!

LakeSide Decks Skateboard Shop and Disc Golf
5522b Lakeside Avenue
Henrico, VA 23228
(804) 525-5559
www.myspace.com/lakesidedecks

My brother bought one of those.....Ultimate getaway car....fastest(starting, stopping, turning, laughing, etc...) car in the world for the lowest price$$$$

Thanks for the heads up

It WILL happen...probably sooner than later. However, it won't be the same Z plastic that you know and love...just like the ESP in the Nuke is not the same.

I know what you mean about the ESP of the nukes....stuff is not very durable......I wonder if they went with a less dense plastic to meet the weight requirements.....either way...I was reading this NUKE PLUS has a bead on the rim....must be for stability....who cares....my girl can be mad again this paycheck! :thmbup:

kinda thought this was a katana thread.... are we going Katana vs Nuke now?

I got an Armageddon Nuke... too much $$ to throw it though.. I'll have to get a production one soon to try it out.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the super lite katana yet... just picked up a couple for water holes where I don't want to see another disc go ploop and gone..

Anyone on here try one of those yet? I throw a super lite boss now for this and it flies a mile with a sweet as molasses s curve.

I've got a 159g R-Pro Katana. Works great for me because I'm an old man without the big arm of the young guns I play with. I'm hoping for regular production R-Pros. Especially if it's true the Star Katanas don't have the great glide.

ayeee 26 years playing! That's amazing. You rule man.

So the 159 hucks for you huh? I've got two of those I haven't thrown yet. Got a kinda collector thing going for Katanas and I have a hard time picking ones that I will actually throw..

How's the action on that 159 r-pro? You get some good D out of it?

They're both going to be too fast/overstable for that distance range. I'd say stick with the Pro or just buy something slower like a TL.

I've got a 159g R-Pro Katana. Works great for me because I'm an old man without the big arm of the young guns I play with. I'm hoping for regular production R-Pros. Especially if it's true the Star Katanas don't have the great glide.

Sorry, didn't read the whole thread but did catch this ^^. I'm throwing a 166 R-Pro Katana and have thrown it for about a month. While it is butter now, I know it's flight pattern has changed rather quickly in the last week. I'm thinking it might not be long before it becomes flippy.

I want to get another and thought about getting the Star, but is it the general consensus the flight isn't as long as the R-Pro?

Latest posts