• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Starting a league and disc club

Rastaman

Birdie Member
How would you go about starting a club and league? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I was thinking of making flyers and a facebook page. Might see if the university can help sponser some events.

Also cool disc golf lingo club name suggestions would be awesome! If I pick your club name to use ill send you a disc out of my non throwing stack.

noticed you're in KC so...

KC chain gang
KC chain chasers
KC pros (get it? like the plastic?)

Looks like they already have a league in Kansas City, any reason you want to start another one?

http://kcfdc.org/

If you are starting a new one and you are indeed in KC I would probably put some flyers up at Disc Golf World and at the local courses' bulletin boards.

Sorry for the wrong info I am actually from st joseph mo which is a city of like 78k an hour north of kc.

Sorry for the wrong info I am actually from st joseph mo which is a city of like 78k an hour north of kc.

Might be a little rough starting a league if the city has a population of only 78k. Our city has just under 1 million people and our league has been around for decades yet we still only get 20-30 people showing up for singles league.

Maybe you could call it the SJFDC.... I bet if you put it on the boards for KCFDC you would get the Northeners & maybe even some Smithville Disc Golf Complex peeps

We just created a facebook page and invited people...have been playing every tuesday night at 6...have been having about 5-10 people show up every week.

We're only a population of about 20k

Disc Golf Scene.com is awesome for leagues and keeping scores and such, I started one a couple years ago and now have 2 chapters working on a third. Keep the players happy and listen to their input to keep them so. Random CTP's are always a bonus, you can ask for donations fron local stores and pubs. We also gice out random DFL prizes for those whom come in Dead Effen Last as sort of a way to promote new players to the sport getting more than just a lesson out of their time.

Latest posts