• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Starting Over

Swinging forward before you plant front foot. Keep loading/coiling back into the plant.

I practiced this, it feels a lot like doorframe drill. I'm not sure how it translates to a real throw. It doesn't seem like anyone actually throws from on top of their front leg, they are always behind their front leg.

AFIu8QI.png

Last edited:
It's a backswing drill for loading the rear leg. Ignore the front leg in this drill.

Reverse pivoting. There needs to be a little shift away before turning happens.

Looked closest around 17 sec. I'd like to see you walk/bounce back to at least the start of the stride standing the rear foot only, or all the way back to start of x-step. You are only moving a very short range of motion of end part of the drill and starting with pressure on front foot/plant already. There shouldn't really be any weight pressure on the plant foot unless you let go of the bow/arrow.

I think your rear foot is turned inward too much, and you are actively turning your hips, instead of letting yourself turn from the resistance of the arrow. You want your lead shoulder to get pulled/loaded/slung back behind your lead hip/CoG like a catapult.
attachment.php

Attachments

• bow and arrow drill cog lateral separation.jpg
    bow and arrow drill cog lateral separation.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 27
1. Your rear foot needs to plant closer inline with the arrow. Note how you are leaning way over your toes in behind tee view, while I'm much more stacked up/centered and relaxed and turned back deeper into the drill.

2. Your rear knee/hip is not turning back deeper into the drill. You are either restricting yourself from turning back or trying to turn forward, instead of the drill pulling your whole body more backward the further you shift forward.

3. You planted your front foot pretty hard before the arrow pulled you back taut. You should be able to hang on the arrow just before you are able to really plant into front foot/heel. Then if you let go while hanging, should drop 1-2" into plant.

attachment.php

Attachments

• bow arrrow drill 2 restricted rear leg.jpg
    bow arrrow drill 2 restricted rear leg.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 19
OK I have definitely never loaded my back hip like in that pitching drill before. That feels really foreign. I'm getting it while holding onto something but when I don't have a balance tool it's hard, and when I try it from an xstep it's REALLY hard.

Latest posts