• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Stock Run G-Star Teebird, Destroyer, Shark, Tern, Beast and Valkyrie.

the local pias got a few of the molds in and i was pleasantly surprised by the sharks. most were pretty much board flat and a few with a very slight gradual dome. might have to pick one up and give it a toss. i also thought the valks turned out nice.

like some others have said, it looks like the destroyers are either pretty flat or kind of domey.

Got my g*ds on monday in the mail. Super pearly orange 168. It is exactly what i am looking for in a destroyer. Not super flat, not really domey. Definitely a real destroyer and not vulcan or pd2 topped(thank god). I also just recently found a pro that is abouit the same dome as this g* at wally world of all place so i snagged it up. Hopefully all of the work on my form last season with the low speed discs paid off. Cant wait to throw some destroyers, teedevils, kraits, and vulcans this year.

Bought a swirly purple g star Teebird today penned 171 scaled 172.1. Unfortunately it was a bit breezy today but what i can say is it does not hold up to a headwind as well as a champ teebird. Flies very similar to my CE teebird T (very well seasoned , has some turn and fade). I am excited to throw this without wind

I just checked mine and two are marked GS/DS and one is G*DS. All of them are 169g and pretty much identical dome and PLH. So I think it's just whoever was writing the letters at the time. Handwriting is definitely different between the two as well.
Are your GS/DS ones pearly/Gold Line like or just look like standard star plastic? I personally don't care if theres a difference but in a few years down the line there might be some craze for them claiming they are awesome sauce and willing to pay $50+ for them.

Are your GS/DS ones pearly/Gold Line like or just look like standard star plastic? I personally don't care if theres a difference but in a few years down the line there might be some craze for them claiming they are awesome sauce and willing to pay $50+ for them.

All of mine look like gold line.

Two pink GS/DS
1780683_10100355053861259_1294412353_n.jpg

One orange G*DS
1912113_10100355054015949_1106982257_n.jpg

Anyone throwing the G* Valkyrie?
I just shelved my Havocs in favor of 1.9cm rim width drivers (PDs) and I'm interested in the Valkyrie as a potential max d tailwind and longer turnover option. At least until I beat in my P PDs some more. For reference I'm 350 - 390 with P PDs currently.

Wondering how the valk behaves in gstar. Are they non-plus rimmed also? Thanks.

So far it looks like only one person has mentioned those GStar Sharks. How do they fly? I have 4 Sharks in my bag right now (putting w/2 of them, they just fly well for me) and I'm curious how the GStars compare to DX. I haven't thrown a regular Star Shark either tho. I hear great things about the old Pro Sharks, but I'm not gonna start intentionally throwing OOP discs :)

My GStar Shark is more stable with a little less glide than a DX. It handles headwinds better and will fight out of a turnover. It would be more of a complement to your DX Sharks than a replacement. Or I guess it might replace your most stable DX and stay stable a lot longer.

Sharks in regular Star plastic fly pretty similar to my GStar, although I've had a couple that started out with a little more fade. I also carry a 174g Pro Shark, and it would make a better putter than a GStar--it's grippier with a little more dome and a slightly stiffer flight plate.

That's good to know NET. Maybe pick up a GStar for my "go left" Shark :) Right now a Gator or pretty fresh Classic Truth is my nice left curl disc.

So Star Shark is maybe a touch more stable than G Star, which is def more stable than the DX. Sadly Pro is OOP, maybe it will come back sometime. Similar flight for the Star or GStar and the Shark 3? Found a thread where someone mentioned McBeth is bagging a Shark 3 and that it was more OS than a Roc 3. So something just shy of a DX Gator then? I may get a Shark 3 and a G Star and drop my Gator.

So Star Shark is maybe a touch more stable than G Star, which is def more stable than the DX.

That's my experience.

Similar flight for the Star or GStar and the Shark 3? Found a thread where someone mentioned McBeth is bagging a Shark 3 and that it was more OS than a Roc 3. So something just shy of a DX Gator then?

I tried a Shark3 last fall and didn't like it. It didn't handle a headwind well at all. I had heard the same as you--that Innova pros were liking the Shark3 for its stability. Maybe I just got a dud. I've been trying out an X-out Champ Roc3 from the factory store, and it handles headwinds much better. It's definitely faster and a bit more stable than any of my Sharks and is holding down the spot in my bag that I had hoped the Shark3 would fill.

Found a purple 180 GStar Shark today. Holy crap does it feel NICE! Haven't gotten to throw it yet b/c my daughters had a cross country meet. Shark 3 is up next.

Gstar shark3?

I hope so. My camp shark 3 just got me an ace yesterday.

No Shark3 in GStar that I know of. I'm thinking of picking up a Champ Shark 3 tho. The GStar is pretty beefy tho, I may not need the Champ.

I gotta say the teebirds could not have possibly turned out better. Mash on them all you want, they can take it. Hearing all the variations in the other molds makes me feel lucky. once I have more cash coming in i think a gstar roc3 would be interesting. Or maybe even just a gstar roc? That'd be cray.

I do get a very elongated s pattern if i burn it down the pipe chest level. I was dicking around yesterday while it was fairly calm wind-wise and parked hole 1 at the valley dgc, where I typically throw my pd due to the gusty wind. It's 380' according to the sign and it just held straaaaaaaight and then faded. Maybe I got a good one. :) I'll make sure to compare PLH the next time I go buy one but either way I love it and I hope they keep making these. I bet I wind up loving all the variations of the gstar teebird. :) even the ones that turn a little.

I agree completely with Koda on the G*Teebs. I picked up a orange 170 that is just straight $$$. Not overly flat or domey, just right IMO. I'm only throwing TB's about 360ft BH and 320 FH but for me they are dead straight with a little predictable fade. I went ahead and bought another orange 170 and the PLH and everything is exactly the same.

I can't get my hands on the G* $idewinders fast enough....

yup

the Gstar teebirds are the best new disc I've thrown in a few years