• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Valkyrie vs Beast; Thunderbird vs Others; G* Teebird?

I would bet that most people could play with 4 molds or less and shoot scores 90% as good as their best 90% of the time. I wish that I had long ago known about and tried to replicate Philo's bag. But I've also enjoyed throwing all the random crap over the last few years...

I'll see your 4 molds and raise you to 3 molds and 95% of the time. Give people a dx Roc, a dx Teebird and a star leopard or (maybe champ Roadrunner) let them adjust to those, and there would be freaking out and gnashing of teeth over how well people could score. But no one would care in the end and most would go back to their full bags. Me included.

I'll see your 4 molds and raise you to 3 molds and 95% of the time. Give people a dx Roc, a dx Teebird and a star leopard or (maybe champ Roadrunner) let them adjust to those, and there would be freaking out and gnashing of teeth over how well people could score. But no one would care in the end and most would go back to their full bags. Me included.
Uh...what would I putt with? :confused:

When did we start recommending star destroyers to new players:\:|:thmbdown:

You know how it goes around here; a guy who can't throw 300ft gives reviews on Shrykes another makes statements about how all DX sucks, the next says switch to Trilogy and, the torque monkey says when you start flipping your Terns on 250ft shots you move to max weight Star Destroyers or get a Boss!:doh::wall:

I've become too jaded, I give up.
Throw what ever the hell you want!:gross:

Thanks for all the help and input!

For right now I just ordered the GStar Thunderbird in 167g. My DX Valkyrie still looks almost brand new so I'll use it until it gets flippy and my wife bought me a 167g DX Teebird for Christmas so I'll use it until it flies perfectly straight.

Again, I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

TripleB

For right now I just ordered the GStar Thunderbird in 167g. My DX Valkyrie still looks almost brand new so I'll use it until it gets flippy and my wife bought me a 167g DX Teebird for Christmas so I'll use it until it flies perfectly straight.

TripleB

The G* Thunderbird is a great disc. It'll make you forget all about the Valk. The Thunderbird will also fly further than you think it should. For a speed 9 it's a bomber.

The G* Thunderbird is a great disc. It'll make you forget all about the Valk. The Thunderbird will also fly further than you think it should. For a speed 9 it's a bomber.

the thb is stable-os, where the valk is stable-us. completely different lines.

TripleB

I love GStar Thunderbirds. The Star version was a brick for me.

I've posted this elsewhere, but I made a spreadsheet and flight chart for these comparisons. You may find it useful.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7xuEn6fO2nsVTA3X01Ra2otNGdIRzFoSlZ4QzhRcHpXMlE4

the thb is stable-os, where the valk is stable-us. completely different lines.

My hope is that the Thunderbird is a little overstable while my DX Valkyrie is currently a straight flyer. In a perfect world the Thunderbird will gradually work it's way to straight and the Valkyrie will gradually (probably quicker than the Thunderbird) work it's way to a distance turnover disc that flies longer than my beat in DX Leopard.

TripleB

Latest posts