• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stoney Hill Meetup, 11/15 - 11/17.

Connor,

I have some locals (by invite) that will be coming up this weekend. Any ideas for scheduled events Saturday or Sunday?

Also, I cut some cedar (fire started) and left it next to the telephone pole on hole 1 for you to use. You might want to bring a hatchet or ax for cutting up some fire wood around the property.

Stoney Hill

Hey Connor. I am a local Columbia disc golf club member. I have heard you and some other guys are coming up to play the course. I know Chris and David really well. They suggested that I get on here to make arrangements to meet up for this weekends round. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

I would advise anyone to come out around 10am on saturday. Around the same time for sunday as well. We'll decide on singles/doubles based on who all is there. :thmbup:

I'm a Cola local too. I should be out there for at least Sunday, hopefully all weekend.

Wow, some seriously awesome local support. Make sure to bring some food and drinks if you're gonna be out there the entire time! We'll definitely have to make a run or two I'm sure.

I'm going to try to arrive around noon, I can't wait to see everyone! Two days!

Connor, since you'll get there well before me, and doubtless be playing the course before me, a few notes of changes since you were last there:

We now have 3 layouts: Diamond (18-holes), Quartz (24-holes), and Quartz-Lite (18 holes). You can play the Diamond and Quartz-Lite, and will cover everything.

The Diamond layout is unchanged, but there are 3 1/2 new holes on the Quartz layouts. There are maps in the "map & donations" box at hole 1, with rules on the back. There is also an assortment of scorecards for the different layouts, which show the hole numbers and distances. (Some cards may look a little odd, as they were designed for team play).

The Diamond is easiest to follow, since it uses hole numbers 1-18. It's also the toughest. The Quartz incorporates some lettering ("1A, 1B, 1C, 2, 3, etc.") to keep the shared holes consistent. Quartz-Lite is the same but skips holes 4-9; after 3 you cross the creek and make a left, following a trail that comes out on the 10 tee.

Good luck, and I'll catch up with whoever's there Friday, later in the afternoon.

My decision may have been made last night...I likely fractured my toe on my left(plant)foot last night, walking from bathroom to bed in darkness, kicked the crap out of the bedpost. We both heard the "CRACK" when it hit. Numb last night, but ridiculous pain today.

10855269954_fd20533fd1_z.jpg

I do still want to come and play, would be Sat morning if I can, but if I can't throw or put weight on my plant foot, I'm definitely not hiking around Stoney for two days. Icing it now and will check again and have a definite no later than tomorrow.

The text was graphic enough....the photo is overkill.

It oughtta be better to 2 days....at least good enough to come out and watch people throw their prized drivers into the pond.

I like where your minds at David, he's right Bennett, if you're not out there on Saturday morning, we're going to be insulting you the entire time.

That doesn't even look displaced. I broke a toe right before I was scheduled to do a through hike of the John Muir Trail with some buddies, definitely didn't let it stop me. I hiked 250 miles on it over the next 3 weeks (it stayed purple and swollen the whole time). If I had the chance to play Stoney Hill again, a broken toe definitely wouldn't keep me away. :p

Mashnut will ban you if you don't come, permanently. He'll even let TP press the button to give a sense of irony.

In fairness, Bennett's sense of balance at Stoney Hill hasn't always been the best, even with 10 toes working.

If I remember my videos correctly.

Berg is the one who fell there. Although last time we were there Bennett stepped on a twig so sharp and upright it pierced his shoe, went inbetween his toes if i remember correctly. :|

In fairness, Bennett's sense of balance at Stoney Hill hasn't always been the best, even with 10 toes working.

If I remember my videos correctly.

Berg is the one who fell there. Although last time we were there Bennett stepped on a twig so sharp and upright it pierced his shoe, went inbetween his toes if i remember correctly. :|

You're both correct, it's Bergdawg in the video, and the twig that went through my foot, actually in between the same busted toe!

If Bennett's not coming who's going to make a meetup video :(