• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stoney Hill Meetup, 11/15 - 11/17.

Had a blast today! Played 44 holes at Stoney and boy do I feel it! Could be the 60 holes from Chapin yesterday too, but whatever.
Enjoyed meeting you guys. Can't wait for the next meetup!

It'll be interesting to see what transpires today. By my count, Connor & Bennett have played over 100 holes, and there are fresh newcomers to be shown around.

Connor, I don't want to put any pressure on you, but.....

In 7 years of running 2-3 events at Stoney Hill, it has NEVER RAINED. Not a drop. We just finished a weekend tournament without so much as a cloud. So I'm counting on you to arrange for great weather, so I don't have to qualify my semi-annual boast to say it's never rained at an event we've run at Stoney Hill.

Well done. It started raining after everyone left, of course.

Also, huge thank you to the Sauls for their hospitality! Had an awesome time on an amazing propedty! Had a blast hanging with Conner Jones, Bennett, New and Pat!

Thank you to the Sauls for creating an awesome disc golf hideaway and Connor for arranging all of it. I had an absolute blast playing the course and hanging out with everyone. I don't even care I played like crap all weekend it was all worth it. Hopefully I'll see some of you in the future and I'll definitely be coming back to play Stoney Hill again some day.

Damn man, and I thought the 100+ holes I played at flip (day two) at our last meet up was intense. Sounds like you guys had a blast :thmbup:

Pat lost his wallet. Not sure if he lost it here or at Crooked Creek on the way home.

I'll try to look for it tomorrow night.....but I don't get home until after dark, so it'll be by flashlight. It'll be Saturday before I get a good chance to look.

It fell out of his pocket as we arrived at #1 after retrieving Bennett's disc, and you guys left shortly afterwards. So, unfortunately, Crooked creek is the likely location, where he'll have to rely on the honor of the finder.

Damn man, and I thought the 100+ holes I played at flip (day two) at our last meet up was intense. Sounds like you guys had a blast :thmbup:

I lost count---Connor & Bennett played 24 holes Friday, 4 hours of glow disc Friday night, 44 holes Saturday, more glow disc Saturday night, and 18 more holes Sunday.....on a fairly hilly and grueling piece of property. I'm tired just typing this.

I'll try to look for it tomorrow night.....but I don't get home until after dark, so it'll be by flashlight. It'll be Saturday before I get a good chance to look.

It fell out of his pocket as we arrived at #1 after retrieving Bennett's disc, and you guys left shortly afterwards. So, unfortunately, Crooked creek is the likely location, where he'll have to rely on the honor of the finder.

.......I didn't realize it had stopped raining. I went out with a flashlight, but no luck. I won't get a better chance until Saturday, by which time hopefully it will have surfaced elsewhere. Good news is, if he did drop it here, it will stay where he dropped it---no one will find it before I do.

Thanks to everyone for the donations. They will be well-spent.

Now I am home. God I'm beyond tired.

Great weekend. Thanks to all 500 of the Sauls for letting us playing out there, and all of you joining us in playing as well. Lots of great shots, not by me, although I got 2/3 ctp's and I hope Bennett got them both.

Thanks to everyone who came out, near or far, lots of memorable jokes and moments at this one.

Looking forward to the 2014 Spring DGCR Meetup, who knows where it'll be :popcorn:

Also I should add Bennett did not play 18 on Friday. Mark & I did though.

:|

No one else can feel my pain. I bare the burden on my own.

I believe he and Bennett exchanged numbers, I'm sure he'll be chiming in sometime soon.

Latest posts