• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stony Creek Park - Pflugerville Texas

Good info about the tee boxes!

I'll be out today to complete the back 9 and will definitely make sure to throw form the side.

I can't wait till this thing is complete w/ signage, etc.

How about the positioning of the basket on hole #5...that seems to be a tough bird even for folks that can crush it. I'd attribute that to the positioning of the basket in relation to the creek.

I don't think #5's basket is too close to the creek. In fact I played with a guy that accidentally threw a forehand approach too high and it faded way right and still did not go in the water. I love holes that create a pucker factor. It rewards those who can deliver the goods under pressure and punishes those who can't handle it.

#5 is cool but I agree,its a hard one. That's the hole I lost my disc to the creek :(. Surprisingly there is a tight low annhyzer route to the pin. If you hug that tree on the right running along the edge and have ur disc fade back in,u can have a run @ 2. Or if you can crush over the top.

I don't think #5's basket is too close to the creek. In fact I played with a guy that accidentally threw a forehand approach too high and it faded way right and still did not go in the water. I love holes that create a pucker factor. It rewards those who can deliver the goods under pressure and punishes those who can't handle it.

I like where the basket is, no complaints at all. I was just breaking down (analyzing) the hole.

I definitely enjoyed #5...so which two holes are Par 5's on this course?

#5 is cool but I agree,its a hard one. That's the hole I lost my disc to the creek :(. Surprisingly there is a tight low annhyzer route to the pin. If you hug that tree on the right running along the edge and have ur disc fade back in,u can have a run @ 2. Or if you can crush over the top.

Ate your disc huh?

I'll look for that anny line.

I crushed a forehand (star Excalibur) that got a lot of straight distance with very little turn (right).

Ended up Par:wall:

Anyone have experience throwing a Star San Marino Roc?

Last edited:
Good info about the tee boxes!

I'll be out today to complete the back 9 and will definitely make sure to throw form the side.

I can't wait till this thing is complete w/ signage, etc.

How about the positioning of the basket on hole #5...that seems to be a tough bird even for folks that can crush it. I'd attribute that to the positioning of the basket in relation to the creek.

Not for a lefty. I crush a big hyzer over the top and have had a few ace runs, a few birdies and definitely some over shots in the creek but have never lost anything yet. My best shot was a hyzer that hit and sit about 6" from the pole

I also do not think any of the holes on the course deserver a Par 5. I think holes 7 and 11 can be considered a Par 4. With an argument for 9.

I will say though this course seems to play much easier for a lefty. I find that I can pretty much throw a hyzer off the tee on a good majority of the holes.

Which way are you throwing on 9? I'm pretty sure they'll be putting in a mando that keeps people from throwing back up the path towards #8's teebox. If they aren't, they really should. It's somewhat dangerous to design 2 holes with the same fairway and I think the route through the woods is really what they were going for.

7 is definitely a par 4, but I could see 11 being a par 5 from the long tee / par 4 from the short.

You could make an argument for hole 1 being a long 3/easy 4. Same with hole 3.

I know that, but I've seen a few different people throw back around to the left towards #8's teebox. It's much more open that way.

Yeah. The course was pretty empty so it wasn't really dangerous. I thought it was pretty obvious that that wasn't the intent of the hole though.

Anyway, I think if you play through the woods like you're supposed to, that hole is a legitimate par 5. I've gotten a 4,5, or 6 every time I've played it. You would have to play it very well to manage a 3. It may not be the toughest 5 in the world, but it would be a pretty hard 4 imo.

I had a guy throw an anny on #9 as I was holing out on #8. He threw out over that fenceline full of brush and his disc stalled in the wind and dropped over on the other side of the bushes. It was pretty funny. I agree, they will probably have that as a mando once the signs go in.

What about where they put the sign pole on #8? It's right on the corner of the teepad. Still a fun little hole though. Easy birdie for a righty but tempts you to run it, and if you do and miss, your in the creek for a three.

There's no water in the creek right now, so you've still got the chance at 2 with like a 30 footer (unless you're behind a tree). I wonder if that creek ever fills up.

The first time I played it, I thought there was no way that was the hole. All the holes up to that point had been so much longer and more technical. I wouldn't be against an alternate pin location a little further down the path or further into the woods to make that hole more interesting. They could put in another teepad further to the left that would increase the difficulty a bit as well.

That said, ace runs are fun and I don't think that there's anything inherently wrong with having and easy hole or 2 on a course.

Well whoever picked up my Star Monster yesterday ended up throwing it in the creek on the long dog leg right hole on the front nine.

My buddy saw it in the creek today during our round, I couldn't believe it.

Yeah, I've been throwing from the back one, but it doesn't make much of a difference. My guess is that it'll be more significant (although still not too much different) once those trees get bigger.

I guess they didn't want to put the back one too close to the creek in case of flooding?? It's kinda weird to only have alternate tees on 3 holes and for that to be one of them. I would have thought that hole 3 would have been a potentially better candidate.

yea that alt box is dumb lol really pointless. For that hole,it would of been beter to have the pro box to the right corner and then leave the am box there or move it up to the left. O well,still fun,bad execution of an alt box pro boxs should be a little more difficult than the reg tees,not a 20 ' differenc directly behind it almost.. Bah,im gonna buy my own land and make a course lol

Can anyone draw a crude map of the course or a good description of the flow? We played about 15 holes, but couldn't figure out what tee box went with a few of the pins. This course is awesome!

I love this course but its been killing me. If anyone finds a red CE valk on the back 9, PLEASE let me know. I think I left it on one of the last few holes. :(