• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stony Creek Park - Pflugerville Texas

I went out there Wed. to look for my goto Tbird that got wet on 4? There was some dude there in a wet suit fishing out discs. He did not seem like the type to call folks back but you never know. He did have a stack of disc though.

Which way are you throwing on 9? I'm pretty sure they'll be putting in a mando that keeps people from throwing back up the path towards #8's teebox. If they aren't, they really should. It's somewhat dangerous to design 2 holes with the same fairway and I think the route through the woods is really what they were going for.

7 is definitely a par 4, but I could see 11 being a par 5 from the long tee / par 4 from the short.

You could make an argument for hole 1 being a long 3/easy 4. Same with hole 3.

Ive never thought of that route. I just throw through the trees into the opening then I go over the top of the trees with a big helix shot and putt for 3.

I think 1 is an easy 3. I would say 11 is a par 4. Ive got the three a few times. Dont get me wrong Ive took a bunch of strokes on that hole but at the same time I have three'd it enough along with some friends that I would say a 4 is better from the longs.

Last edited:
Ive never thought of that route. I just throw through the trees into the opening then I go over the top of the trees with a big helix shot and putt for 3.

I think 1 is an easy 3. I would say 11 is a par 4. Ive got the three a few times. Dont get me wrong Ive took a bunch of strokes on that hole but at the same time I have three'd it enough along with some friends that I would say a 4 is better from the longs.

11 is seriously tough from the longs but if you hit the gap and line that is appearent from the short box view, it is doable in 3. I would give it a par 4 still. I almost 3d it last time out but that damn hill man.

Last edited:
When I'm looking at pars, I'm thinking about different courses I've played and what they consider par. If you compare hole 1 at Stony Creek and hole 1 at Circle C, I think you'd see a lot of similarities. The Circle C hole is marked a par 4, but it's pretty easy to 3. It's not even very hard to get a long but legitimate shot for 2. It seems like most of the time, par 3 holes in our sport are reachable from the tee. Another example would be hole 5 at Circle C. It's marked as a par 5, but it's not very hard to get a 4 and with 2 good shots you can even get a 3.

I think that a lot of times it's not a bad thing to make the posted par a little higher. I know that I'm always working to improve my score regardless of par. However, shooting under par and making birdies is fun.

Setting par a little higher doesn't change the course, but it can improve the experience for some people and probably helps keep newer players from getting too discouraged.

Can anyone draw a crude map of the course or a good description of the flow? We played about 15 holes, but couldn't figure out what tee box went with a few of the pins. This course is awesome!
I'm working on a Google Earth map of it. I'll post it once I get it done.

Can anyone draw a crude map of the course or a good description of the flow? We played about 15 holes, but couldn't figure out what tee box went with a few of the pins. This course is awesome!

Here is a map I made from google earth. Hope this helps some people find their way. The "P" is a practice basket. Right-click it and select "view image" and then print it from there. Or just save the image and print it from your favorite editing software.

stoney_creek_discgolf_course_m_by_hopigod-d34rznj.jpg

Last edited:
That's really up to whoever makes the signs. I haven't been out there in a week or so, are they in yet?

I think the consensus was that 7, 9, and 11 were all at least par 4.

Yeah, 7, 9, and 11 are the ones that should be 4's or more. The signs are still not in though. I was out there yesterday. For any that want to go play before the signs go in, use that map I posted, and let me know how you made out. It should be noted that hole #3's tee-box is backwards from all of the others (it points the wrong way) that's why those rocks are there on either side.

I finally got hole 11 in 3 shots!

Birdied holes 14 and 15 today too.

My putting has been solid lately as I've switched to an old worn in Buzz on some of my medium length putts.

Last edited:
When I'm looking at pars, I'm thinking about different courses I've played and what they consider par. If you compare hole 1 at Stony Creek and hole 1 at Circle C, I think you'd see a lot of similarities. The Circle C hole is marked a par 4, but it's pretty easy to 3. It's not even very hard to get a long but legitimate shot for 2. It seems like most of the time, par 3 holes in our sport are reachable from the tee. Another example would be hole 5 at Circle C. It's marked as a par 5, but it's not very hard to get a 4 and with 2 good shots you can even get a 3.

I think that a lot of times it's not a bad thing to make the posted par a little higher. I know that I'm always working to improve my score regardless of par. However, shooting under par and making birdies is fun.

Setting par a little higher doesn't change the course, but it can improve the experience for some people and probably helps keep newer players from getting too discouraged.
First off, #1 at circle c isn't anything like #1 at northtown. Northtown is a wide-ass open super open shot. Number 1 at circle c has an actual fairway. And if you can have a chance at an easy 3, more power to ya. The same goes for #5 at circle c. If you can reach #5 in 3 easy shots, then you my friend are a badass!

I think that the trees on hole 1 are in your head. Sure, you can't throw it 100 feet off line like you can at Northtown and not be in the rough, but are you going to get a 3 on either of them if you shank your drive that badly? The fairway on hole 1 at Circle C is not a narrow one and I think the hole is well under 600'. I don't know how far you throw, but if you can throw 300 feet with reasonable accuracy you'll probably be able to get 3's on that hole consistently. If you can throw over 400' you'll have chances at 2s. I think you're probably trying too hard to throw a long drive instead of concentrating on keeping it in the fairway.

As for hole 5, I never said 3 easy shots. I said 4 easy shots or 3 if your first two were exceptional. It's the same kinda thing as hole 1. You throw 1 shot past the bend. If it gives you a shot at the hole, you throw another one in towards the pin. Most of the time I either mess up the first 1 and need 2 shots to get a good look or the second one goes too far or rolls down the hill. Obviously missed putts are always an extra stroke.

You don't need a huge arm or even great accuracy to consistently birdie either of those holes. You just have to manage it a little better.

Hole 5 is a 3 with the good chance for bird if you throw a high flex shot.

theres a low line flex shot too. if you can anny around the first tree along the bend low then have it flex back, your good for a run @ a 2. ive 3'd it tons of times hit basket for 2 a couple. if the wind isnt roaring and you have the arm for it, a high flex over the trees is a good shot but not so good if it flex's out early. then your running at a long 2 and potentially into the creek

I need to come down to Texas for a long weekend sometime. Good weather, good courses, and disc eating water hazards :). I'll even bring my floaties and goggles in case it gets too deep lol.

I throw a turnover on 5. I've parked it with a molf and came up 25' short with a cyclone twice. I just throw it low and flat down the fairway and let it naturally turn right. If you throw something that turns too fast you'll hit trees on the right.

Last edited: