• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stony Creek Park - Pflugerville Texas

also if anybody finds an orange td rush with a 12 monkeys dye, it has my name and # on it, i lost it on hole 5 creek behind next to the basket. the deepest part :(

I'm pretty sure I accidentally skipped the first couple holes but I think I know the one you're talking about. I've got an orange TL with my number on it down there too.

Is anybody interested in playing a round out there tomorrow afternoon?

Bonus points if you know the layout.

I went out there and played the first twelve or so at lunch the other day (someone was out there and told me the layout for the beginning of the course). I'm in for tomorrow if the time is right.

Talk about creek eater.. lost MY star firebird there today. Has my name and number on the back if anyone finds it. Gawd I am lovin this course.

Yup, cool course. Lots of people there today. Will there be more tree removal, or are my tunnel shots going to have to tighten up?

I wouldn't mind helping clear brush. Feel free to contact me if help is needed.

So is the terrain mostly flat? I'm semi familiar with that part of town and I can't imagine elevation being a huge factor at this new course.

Are there any hi-lo shots?

its very met center like with the amount of trees and creek shots. also some like kyle. its a fun course but ive never thrown so many damn rollers in my life haha. some tree removal is still gonna happen but not much to open up fairways.

There is very minor elevation change mostly unnoticable. Im still going to go with there arent any courses like it in the area. Yes it has trees and a creek like mets but it does not remind me of mets at all. I have played this course probably 8 times and still cant compare any hole to any other hole on any course in the area. Meaning I dont walk onto the box and say hey this is just like hole(insert number) at (insert course name). You have to play it though it is a nice course.

Played the full 18 today. I didn't play very well on the front nine, but I enjoyed every hole besides 1 (not hole 1). The one at the far back of the park that doglegs left without much of a fairway. I think that one could probably use a little clearing but I don't think any of the others needed it.

There isn't really much undergrowth, which is nice. Outside of the water, there's not much of a chance to lose discs. That said, the creek is a disc eater. 2 of the people I played with lost discs today.

I think if I had to compare it to another local course, it would be steeplechase. I think it's the kind of trees and the lack of undergrowth and the variety of short and long holes. It's definitely a distinct course though and worth the time to play.

I played the front nine and I definitely see why this course is compared to met center...not quite as long, but it resembles it at times.

The folks out there that were also playing were friendly and helpful with how to navigate the course.

If anyone picked up a yellow star monster with a name/number on it, I'd like it back. I think it fell out of my bag on #2...? not sure

Play Well, Have Fun

I wonder who will be the first to review this new course? Hmm...

BTW before the grand opening they're going to wet and pack the tees and they need everyone to stay off until they dry. Once dry the tees will stay hard packed. If you start playing them before they dry they will loosen up prematurely. Look at the trail out there and notice how hard packed it is. They have already wet and packed it and it's very firm. So if you happen to be out there and see wet tee pads just throw from beside them.

Last edited:
I played the front nine and I definitely see why this course is compared to met center...not quite as long, but it resembles it at times.

The folks out there that were also playing were friendly and helpful with how to navigate the course.

If anyone picked up a yellow star monster with a name/number on it, I'd like it back. I think it fell out of my bag on #2...? not sure

Play Well, Have Fun

You should play the back nine. It opens up a lot more. There are still some tighter holes, but I haven't been tempted to throw any spike hyzers or rollers.

My only wish is that a couple of holes were a bit longer. There are 2 holes (one on the front and one on the back) that are just too short and open to be really interesting imo. They're kinda boxed in on the one on the front nine, but there's definitely some room for alternate pin placements on the one on the back 9.

Edit: Just did a count and it turns out that #11 (I think) is still pretty dang tight. That's OK though because it's one of my favorite holes on the course.

Last edited:
Good info about the tee boxes!

I'll be out today to complete the back 9 and will definitely make sure to throw form the side.

I can't wait till this thing is complete w/ signage, etc.

How about the positioning of the basket on hole #5...that seems to be a tough bird even for folks that can crush it. I'd attribute that to the positioning of the basket in relation to the creek.

Latest posts