• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stony Creek Park - Pflugerville Texas

That's the shot I normally throw. I tried the flex shot once and ended up in the creek. I've been tempted to try a high hyzer line as well but haven't yet.

I have a hard time with hole 3. I've never not hit one of the first 15 trees in the fairway. Even rollers seem to find a tree on that hole.

I have a hard time with hole 3. I've never not hit one of the first 15 trees in the fairway. Even rollers seem to find a tree on that hole.

Assuming RHBH, try a big spike hyzer over the dog park. The other line is throwing towards the teebox for 4 and there are some decent lines to basket from over there (if you get lucky on your lie you are shooting for bird).

I think they're gonna put a mando on that hole somewhere to the left because of the trail and the #4 teebox. But I usually throw a spike hyzer over the trees. Or throw my cyclone down the middle or try a cut roller . The spike hyzer has the higher percentage of me getting a 2 on the hole if I get it high enough

I had been throwing over the top but now I just throw an anhyzer out by the dog park and as of late it has been sitting me down in the open area with a good look for two. Im a lefty by the way. This course was made for us that throw with our right mind. I do wish there were more anhyzer shots though as those are some of my favorite.

Last edited:
I found a disc on the course that I would like to return to its owner. If one of you guys that also posts on the PDGA thread (labeled Northtown) would let LaLa know that I found her "2003 World Doubles - San Saba" disc, I would appreciate it. I have tried to locate a phone number, but those found through a google search could not reach her. I just need to find a way to return her disc. Let me know what you (whoever you are) find out. Thanks.

Thanks lionel. However, sending a message to the E-mail address only results in a returned comment that the site no longer is used. If you could post on the PDGA thread or contact Laura directly, I would appreciate it. Thanks

I played a round today. The two lakes were up at least 20 feet. As I was finishing, I saw Vinnie, one of the Round Rock club pros. He indicated that the official opening has been set for January 29th. By then, the signs should be attached to the posts. From a post on a PDGA thread (linked on page 1 of this thread), rubber mats are planned for the teepads. Hopefully, these will also be added by then.

your not getting it. its not called northpark or stoney creek its called north TOWN park. people are going to have a hard time searching it now because locals call it north town

I heard that rubber mats were in the works but that concrete was out of the question with the HOA for some reason. Anyone know anything about the other 18 hole course that's planned for across the street?

I saw a few baskets over across the street. Lookin' sweet! Haven't played yet though, nor heard about it.:thmbup:

Those were just portables that they had setup. They made it 24 holes for a tournament. I liked the extra holes (short but fun) but I doubt most of them become permanent. Only 2 of the 6 were across the street.

The other side will eventually have 9 baskets but not a full 18. This also wont happen for until 2012 or 2013.

Latest posts