• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stony Creek Park - Pflugerville Texas

Anybody know what the holdup or when the signs will be added to the posts? How about when the rubber mats will be placed on the teepads? Perhaps some of you Round Rock club members might be privy to this information. Please share if you are aware of what the plans are for the course. While your at it, what about if and when some basic bridges will be build across the creek and when the wells will be connected so there will be constant water flow. Any information will be appreciated by all forum readers. Thanks.

ihave no idea on estimated times for any of those things BUT i did hear yesterday about the fly pads being added soon. the problem right now is people play it alot ,so to put the fly pads down they need to repack the granite and let it harden. people playing on them wont make that so easy so im not sure. i know theyve cleared out some more trees here n there but its still a work in progress. the course is still fresh

played there for the first time on sunday. first off, great course! definitely an addition to the number of great courses in central texas. eagled hole 11 and almost aced 12. havent been so excited from a first time round since east metro. this course reminds me of steeplechase on steroids.

I finally got back to this course. Still no resolution in signs and tee-pads. One item I noticed greatly affected the difficulty of the hole. For the first shot across the pond (#12), it used to be that you had to fire to the left of the slanted tree - either anny backhand or sidearm - to have a chance to reach the green. Now, a portion of the tree that had extended vertically to prevent shooting to the right of the tree had been removed. Now, the possibility of having a water landing is greatly decreased. Sorry to see this hole's difficulty reduced! I wonder whether this was done in response to the planned hosting of the Texas Women's Open in April.

Signs are up

Does anyone know if there are any plans to improve the tees? I noticed signs were up last weekend so was curious if they were planning any more improvements. Course is getting tons of traffic.

Now that the signs are in and the pars have been decided, I want to revisit the use of pars greater than 3. According to the signs, holes #7 (594 feet), #9 (504 feet) and #18 (357 feet) are par 4; while hole #11 (498 feet) is a par 5. There could be some arguing as to why #11 is par 5, while 7 & 9 are only par 4. I don't think that the difficulty of these three is much different. However, where I disagree is the assigning #1 a par 3. Although currently fairly open (until the pecan trees mature), with it's length being the most of any of those on the course, I would have expected this hole to also been given a par 4. Any thought on this?

I've come to the conclusion that trying to apply traditional logic to Stoney Creek is a lost cause. #9 is the most poorly designed hole I've ever played. Now that they've posted these very questionable pars, my desire to play it again has dropped even more (didn't know that was possible).

I am really glad some of u guys like this course. Just don't understand it. Seems like people either really love it or really dislike it. I have scored well out there each time.... the fun factor is just soo much lower for me @ Stoney than just abt any other course in the Austin area.

It is one of those courses that is not fun to play by yourself but becomes extremely fun to play in a competitive situation. If you have the type of shots in your bag that can help you take the trees out of play, like forehand rollers, big spike hyzers, big annys, thumbers, or just plain accuracy, then you will have fun out there when your shot works and the other guy is hitting every tree.

Signs not being perfect as far as par is not that big a deal for me. Many of the best courses in this area don't have signs anyway. The more I play it the more I like it but it is definitely not a course I would ever just go play by myself.

Very good point. I'd be happy playing in a wide open field or even plinko land w/ the right group of guys/gals. I can't think of any other Austin area course that I don't enjoy playing by myself (w/ the exception of Settlers Park).

It's not the trees that bother me. It's the design.

Love the big annies & spike hyzers. My pinpoint Thumber had to be taken out of my game 5-6 yrs ago b/c of my shoulder. Accuracy is usually my calling card. Never liked rollers. Seems like too much of the outcome depends on luck. Too much risk/reward. Maybe its the lack of a roller shot that's keeping me from enjoying this course. I dunno. Or maybe just needa go toss a round out there w/ u sidewinding :)

Latest posts