• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Strategy to which mids to bag?

If you are unsure as to what to bag try a KC Pro Roc. A Roc can cover many shots especially when beat in. You can carry a new one,A slightly wore one and then a really beat in one and cover ever midrange shot you need.Also the New Roc3 is a good one to have too. It's a bit longer and performs just as good.

I use to carry a Roc,Panther and a Coyote. All had different feels in the hand and I just couldn't quite have consistent shots. After I was suggested to just try all Rocs many years back I have been an avid Roc thrower ever since.

Add another vote for sticking to one mold. I think it is a good idea for players to find a mold that they like, master it, and then get it in different plastics and/or states of wear to cover different shots. I use Roc3s because of how they feel and fly for me. Obviously your mileage may vary.

There is also a great argument for carrying several different molds that specialize in various shots. Nothing wrong with that, and honestly it just boils down to personal preference.

I'm on a midrange binge, and like Kodachrome, Rancho Roc + X Comet is the best for me. Speed 5ish mids like Roc3, Buzzz are too fast and close in on Teebird range... Plus flat top rocs DX and KC Pro are kinda like stable roc3's in better plastic!

ITB OS -> US:
177 11x KC Roc
179 12x KC Roc
178 12x KC Flat Top Roc
178 DX Flat Top ROC
177 ZSP LE Comet
170 X Comet