• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Suggest a disc!

I say dig through the used bin to see if they have any 3/10 beat up DX Beasts. Dog chew style.

Polecat or a blowfly? Lol, not kidding

Perfectly reasonable to buy those discs, but if you are getting one free, use it on something a little more expensive.

I recently used my free disc from PIAS on a tie-dye Thunderbird. I don't normally buy tie-dye b/c of the expense and rarely like the appearance, but this is just a half and half disc with red on one side and yellow on the other. Both colors are bright and should be easy enough to find.

So long story short, get a disc you would normally not buy b/c of price or b/c you want to try a new plastic of a mold you already love.

Opto Saint Pro.
It flies like a Thunderbird that's had all the new beat out of it.

Try a Culverin. It's good competition for your PD.
I was gunning for this but the only one they had was a poop brown VIP. :\
Have you tried the Axiom Insanity? Might be a great addition to your MVP/Axiom bag. Long and workable US disc.
Already bagged. :) Sweet disc.
I'd definitely recommend a DX Thunderbird because they are awesome, but you probably don't want to use your free disc allotment on such a cheap disc, so I'm going to vote Star TL instead. On the other hand, you could buy the DX Thunderbird with cash and then use your free disc allotment on the disc you were going to buy anyway.
Yep, this was a factor. They only let you buy the more expensive of the two so the cheaper one is the freebie. Sucks b/c there was a lot of nice DD2's and PD's in the used bin that I would've snatched up. Hopefully they'll still be there to help fill my card up towards my next freebie.
What did you decide on?
The Leo3's were very intriguing but they were a little stiffer than I liked so I ended up getting a VIP Destiny and another VIP flippy King as my freebie. I really need to stop buying Kings for the elusive stable ones but this one has a chance of being nice if I can hot water some dome into it (it has a decently high PLH and shoulder). The Destiny is really nice though, it might be the stable King I'm always looking for.

Unfortunately they were completely sold out on MVP stuff, I'd really like to try a Proxy or Envy eventually.

Thanks for the recommendations guys! :hfive:

I was gunning for this but the only one they had was a poop brown VIP. :\

Already bagged. :) Sweet disc.

Yep, this was a factor. They only let you buy the more expensive of the two so the cheaper one is the freebie. Sucks b/c there was a lot of nice DD2's and PD's in the used bin that I would've snatched up. Hopefully they'll still be there to help fill my card up towards my next freebie.

The Leo3's were very intriguing but they were a little stiffer than I liked so I ended up getting a VIP Destiny and another VIP flippy King as my freebie. I really need to stop buying Kings for the elusive stable ones but this one has a chance of being nice if I can hot water some dome into it (it has a decently high PLH and shoulder). The Destiny is really nice though, it might be the stable King I'm always looking for.

Unfortunately they were completely sold out on MVP stuff, I'd really like to try a Proxy or Envy eventually.

Thanks for the recommendations guys! :hfive:
fun thread, even if you didn't get my picks ;) hope both discs show up as winners.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Makani or Big Kahuna

One of the most fun rounds I have ever played was on a "putt-putt" style course that was very short with all sorts of goofy shots. Makani only the whole round. This was when I came up with the phrase, "when in doubt, backhand roll it". Super fun disc to play a casual round with.

I was really surprised at how stable it was at such a low weight (compared to golf weight Zephyrs). In calm conditions, I can see the Makani being much more than a casual round weapon.

I was really surprised at how stable it was at such a low weight (compared to golf weight Zephyrs). In calm conditions, I can see the Makani being much more than a casual round weapon.

But it literally doesn't fit in my bag. Oh well, warmups and one disc only casual it is.

Most impressive new disc, and I've tried a bunch...

DD DEFENDER

any plastic has been great so far.

Latest posts