• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Suggestions......best course in Charlotte?

So I am driving from San Antonio back to where I grew up (Concord, NC) to help my brother move and have already decided to hit up Winthrop as I pass through Rock Hill. I will be staying at my brothers in Salisbury and figured I will take one day to hit a course or two in Charlotte. When I lived there I was into ball golf and had not even heard of DG so I am looking for input from the locals or those who have played the Charlotte area a lot. If you had one day in the Charlotte area, what two courses would you play/recommend for me to play? Thanks in advance.

Blow off your brother and play them ALL. :D

Blow off your brother and play them ALL. :D

Lol...too late....already here helping! Good idea though!
Schleppy, PM me your number bro...or I will send you mine...I would LOVE a guided tour from a local and would graciously accept any offer from a local.
Still thinking Bradford, Renny Gold and Hornets.....but I am flexible.
Staying at my brothers in Salisbury but the drive to Charlotte is not that bad....GPS works wonders. Thanks for all the input guys!

Huge thanks to you Schlep! I appreciate you going out of your way to show me the course man. And for the suggestions as well! If you ever get to Texas give me a buzz and I will show you around the San Antonio and Austin courses bud!

So....after playing Bradford 4 times, Renny twice and Hornets once here is my completely unbiased opinion.

Hands down, without a doubt....FOR ME at least, Bradford was far and away the most beautiful and enjoyable course that I played. Hornets really did not grab me very much. I did not like the fact that I was sharing space with 20 million park goers celebrating birthdays, walking across fairways, yelling and screaming etc. Some of the holes there were challenging and fun but for me it fell well short of Bradford. Renny was everything Ii thought it would be....an all day event. At first I really disliked the longer holes.....but after hearing from Stan (caught up with him at Bradford) his philosophy regarding longer holes, it really made sense to me. I went back and played Renny a second time and enjoyed it MUCH more the second time. Pretty course, very enjoyable and obviously a legend here in Charlotte.....but, again...FOR ME.....it paled when compared with Bradford. I am actually about to head out to Bradford for yet another round out there.

Thanks to all for the input, which made this trip enjoyable for me.....even though it was supposed to be more of a work trip....I got to play a lot of golf.

I still want to hit up RL or Nevin before I leave on Sat.....If I do I will share my opinion.

I recommend Brackett's Bluff... if you have a chance. It is a great course and a unique experience.