• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

sunshine state advice

Mando

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
What are the must-plays in Fla ?
Coming down the east coast and plan to hit Ed Austin & Tuscawilla but unsure where to go after that...

I just played Northside park in Gainesville and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am a beginner, but I played some pretty hack courses this past week in FL.

I also enjoyed North Fort Myers COmmunity Park right off business 41 in North Fort Myers.

I also played Bay Oaks in Fort Myers Beach, it was ok, good for me the beginner, but not all that challenging.

I also played Florida Gulf Coast Univesity course, 9 very tough tight holes with palmettos and snakes, 9 holes not very scenic, just working around some college dorms.

I reviewed all of them if you want more info check out my reviews.

I'm a Florida east coaster but have only played 2 courses here. Wickham park is nice and large but I don't care for most of the players there. My home course of Malabar is still a work in progress but a fun challenge with lots of really cool people. I've been looking at some of the courses to the northern and western parts of Florida. You might want to check those out as well. Good luck and I hope you have a fun trip.

OOOOOO

Like Harr said I recommend Northside Park, I'm a little biased.
Greenway DGC in Ocala is nice, a bit off the highway though. You get some nice elevation change here, only place in FLA.
Orlando area is good! Barnett Park and Turkey Lake Park are nice, 36 holes each.
My new favorite is River City Nature Park in Deberry, it's very scenic and a great course. It's only 9 holes but you can play 2 different tees making it a nice 18. Here is a nice website for all of the Orlando courses... http://discorlando.com/courses.html
I hear tampa has some nice courses also, but I can't give any advice for those. Good luck.

I hear tampa has some nice courses also, but I can't give any advice for those. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Cliff Stephens, Coachmen ( Clearwater ) Maximo Park ( St. Pete )

The Tampa-Clearwater-St. Pete area is definitely worth a stop. Cliff Stevens-Clearwater is a great course, Tocobaga-St. Pete (Maximo Park) is a challenging course, Taylor Lake in Largo is very good, and St. Andrews Links in Dunedin is a fun long course that doubles as an executive ball golf course, carts available too.

Ocala Greenway in Ocala is very good as well.

Thanks for the replies.
So, all things considered, would you hit Orlando or Clearwater ?

Latest posts