• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Super Stingray What's the difference...

Mort

I'm old school been playing over 25 years and still have dx Stingrays in the
bag for a short roller and sharp anhyzers in tight woods shots. what is up with
this disc...Super Stingray

Mort

The super Stingray is just a modified more stable version of the original stingray... They added a Bead to the rim on the super stingray and it is much more stable than a regular champion/dx/star stingray...

^yup. The ss seems clost to a buzzz. Nice and stable, not the stingray you use at all. For me this disc is a shorter leopard. Easy to keep straight and work some lines. Will also hold a hyzer line too. Fun disc, removed the fuse from the bag for me. Rocs and a ss is my mid lineup and digging it.

Mort,

I have a couple Super Stingrays and a King Cobra. I'm happy to play a round with you if you like so you can try them out. I throw a Stingray roller at 4 at Alexander. The Super Stingray worked once, but it's a late turnover compared to my regular one.

Gerrit

They added the bead and changed the bottom wing on the super stingray. The old stingrays were concave with a sharper point and the new ones are convex with a small sharp bead.

I also saw a dx super stingray today at a tourney. The guy said he bought it three weeks ago. It wasn't marked any different than a normal dx ray so buyer beware.

I also saw a dx super stingray today at a tourney. The guy said he bought it three weeks ago. It wasn't marked any different than a normal dx ray so buyer beware.

:confused:

Super Stingrays have only been produced in Champion Plastic.

He proabably had a normal DX Ray.

:confused:

Super Stingrays have only been produced in Champion Plastic.

He proabably had a normal DX Ray.

It's true...the super mold is out there with normal labeling and apparently has been for some time. The star 'ray I bought last fall is indeed the Super mold. Still kinda pisses me off. lol. Since then, I've funneled through stacks of Stingrays and it's clear that the new mold made its way to the market where it shouldn't have, and far before the announcement of the new disc. You can currently find three different tweaks of the Stingray on shelves. Irritating.

This would surprise me to see Super Stingrays being passed off as regular ones. The wing is quite different.

FWIW, My Super Stingrays seem to fly more like my old old old Stingray did when fresh while I felt the newer runs of regular Stingrays started off with more turn... Then again, it has been 10 years since I threw my old Stingray when it was fresh.

Latest posts