• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Supreme Series

kw83028

* Ace Member *
Dynamic Discs announces Supreme Series discs coming late 2022.

https://dynamicdiscs.com/pages/supreme-series

The Dynamic Discs Supreme Series takes disc golf quality to a superior level with the innovative NexEdge and NexFeel technologies that Latitude 64 introduced with the Royal Line. The Supreme Series enhances the look and feel of the disc and is, without question, the highest quality product that we offer. Sharp edges or flashing are a thing of the past with the differences being noticed immediately with the NexEdge process that provides a buttery smooth feel on the bottom and outer parts of the rim. Want a superior product? The Supreme Series is exactly what you have been looking for.

All molds in the Supreme Series will be brand new with design inspiration from the original molds that you have known to love and trust.

^^As a retailer, that part erks me a little. I'm not a big fan of almost-same name for different molds. Now we will have Judge, EMac Judge, and Supreme Judge. All different discs. Reminds me of Prodigy's D2, D2V2, D2Max, D2Signature, D2New. Definitely causes customer confusion.

As for Supreme plastic, I like Lat64's Royal plastic, so I'm sure this stuff will be really nice feeling.

You left out the most important part- $24.99.

Yea that seems to be the going trend nowadays unfortunately. Everything new has to be 24.99+. Kills me, as a retailer, paying $12-15 dealer cost for a disc. Could be worse, could be the Discmania Razor Claw with a dealer cost of $20 :doh:, but at least that's a player support disc.

Yea that seems to be the going trend nowadays unfortunately. Everything new has to be 24.99+. Kills me, as a retailer, paying $12-15 dealer cost for a disc. Could be worse, could be the Discmania Razor Claw with a dealer cost of $20 :doh:, but at least that's a player support disc.

and at least the Razor Claw will move fast... could be the Royal Rage II...

Not until August 2022?…

I'd be interested in the trespass. Been a go to for a long time and would appreciate a more stable plastic option.

As far as cost, 25 is the rate for all special discs these days; tour series, Halos, etc. As a consumer, I know it just "it what it is." Shrugs.

Dynamic Discs announces Supreme Series discs coming late 2022.

https://dynamicdiscs.com/pages/supreme-series

^^As a retailer, that part erks me a little. I'm not a big fan of almost-same name for different molds. Now we will have Judge, EMac Judge, and Supreme Judge. All different discs. Reminds me of Prodigy's D2, D2V2, D2Max, D2Signature, D2New. Definitely causes customer confusion.

As for Supreme plastic, I like Lat64's Royal plastic, so I'm sure this stuff will be really nice feeling.

I wonder if the discs weren't molding up in Supreme plastic with the same shape as in Lucid/Fuzion. I could see how a slight tweak to the mold might be needed in order to make the disc feel like it does in other plastics. If that's the case, then I think the tweaked mold is a good thing. But if the mold has been tweaked just for the sake of getting a more OS flight, then I'm definitely with you on being disgruntled.

I wonder if the discs weren't molding up in Supreme plastic with the same shape as in Lucid/Fuzion. I could see how a slight tweak to the mold might be needed in order to make the disc feel like it does in other plastics. If that's the case, then I think the tweaked mold is a good thing. But if the mold has been tweaked just for the sake of getting a more OS flight, then I'm definitely with you on being disgruntled.

If the mold is tweaked to accommodate a different plastic blend, then all of the other plastics mold up different than they used to. I don't think that's what they would do.

If the mold is tweaked to accommodate a different plastic blend, then all of the other plastics mold up different than they used to. I don't think that's what they would do.

No, I don't think they are going to start running Lucid and Fuzion in the new mold. It sounds like they will keep Lucid and Fuzion in the standard mold, and run Supreme in the tweaked mold. And my idle speculation is that they are doing that to try and get the discs to feel as close as possible to each other after cooling. But again, that is just speculation. It could very well be that they want to have the Supreme mold function as an OS version of the standard mold, which I would be pretty annoyed by. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the Supremes really do feel like a similar-but-different mold (e.g. Emac vs regular Truth).

No, I don't think they are going to start running Lucid and Fuzion in the new mold. It sounds like they will keep Lucid and Fuzion in the standard mold, and run Supreme in the tweaked mold. And my idle speculation is that they are doing that to try and get the discs to feel as close as possible to each other after cooling. But again, that is just speculation. It could very well be that they want to have the Supreme mold function as an OS version of the standard mold, which I would be pretty annoyed by. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the Supremes really do feel like a similar-but-different mold (e.g. Emac vs regular Truth).

We just have a difference in terms. In my world "tweaking a mold" involves physically altering an existing mold. You're talking about them building completely different molds for the new "Supreme" series, even if they are basically replicas of the old ones.

Two very very different things. But from the way it sounds to me, that's what they are doing. Building new molds replicating the old as close to possible. Basically what Discmania is doing.

$24.99 for discs that are exactly the same with no flashing is a bargain. $24.99 for normal molds with perfectly smooth edges, varying plh heights & domes... no thanks.

$24.99 for discs that are exactly the same with no flashing is a bargain. $24.99 for normal molds with perfectly smooth edges, varying plh heights & domes... no thanks.

How can you know they'll be the exact same?

Comical, really. No way a 168 domey red Supreme ______ will fly or feel the same as a 175 high shoulder to flat top purple ______ or yellow FAF 172 ______.

Math and stuff.

well according to their known ratio this "no flashing" will mean mild to moderate flashing compared with other companies

We just have a difference in terms. In my world "tweaking a mold" involves physically altering an existing mold. You're talking about them building completely different molds for the new "Supreme" series, even if they are basically replicas of the old ones.

Two very very different things. But from the way it sounds to me, that's what they are doing. Building new molds replicating the old as close to possible. Basically what Discmania is doing.

This does happen from what I can remember. These injection molds will wear out and new ones need to be made. People who make molds are usually pretty good at their jobs. (especially if the mold is documented well)

No, I don't have data to back that up in the disc golf community. My company has both a plastic injection and roto-casting divisions. They both have full time tool makers.

All sounds quite a bit like Innova using the L molds for CE plastic years ago.

Evidently some people are way more bothered by flashing than I am.

This does happen from what I can remember. These injection molds will wear out and new ones need to be made. People who make molds are usually pretty good at their jobs. (especially if the mold is documented well)

No, I don't have data to back that up in the disc golf community. My company has both a plastic injection and roto-casting divisions. They both have full time tool makers.

I was a toolmaker for a lot of years. Been there and done it.

I just was saying there's a difference between tweaking an existing mold and building a new one. In today's age, it's actually probably pretty easy for a competent toolroom to replicate an existing mold, at least to the level we wouldn't know the difference. But that's still building a new one, not tweaking an old.

Better plastic? Great. But $24.99?

Considering how many discs I buy that don't make it in the bag, I'd be so hesitant to spend the extra money. Especially if I'm to understand that a new version of a familiar disc doesn't perform like the ones I've come to know in Lucid, Fuzion or Opto.

I haven't yet held Lat Royal, or held the new Discmania "Italian blend", so maybe I'll get hooked.

But when things get more complicated, my natural inclination is to keep my wallet in my pocket.

Maybe it's a bubble.

Glad they're bringing the Fugitive back at least.

Edit: Never mind, they're gonna make it overstable. BOO!

Latest posts