• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Supreme Series

I was a toolmaker for a lot of years. Been there and done it.

I just was saying there's a difference between tweaking an existing mold and building a new one. In today's age, it's actually probably pretty easy for a competent toolroom to replicate an existing mold, at least to the level we wouldn't know the difference. But that's still building a new one, not tweaking an old.

Gotcha. When I said "tweak" I meant it in the sense that it would require a new PDGA approval. It's technically a new mold by PDGA standards, even if the difference is imperceptible. Sounds like you meant tweaking as in literally taking the physical mold and modifying it. I see how as a toolmaker that's the definition you'd use, but I don't think that's what the average disc golfer means when they talk about new molds, tweaking old ones, etc.

For example, when Innova needed a new physical mold for the Roc3 a few years back, they didn't go through the PDGA approval process again. The only reason the average person even knew that something had changed was because of the zipper tops that started showing up. But the specs of the mold didn't change, so it wasn't considered a new mold by PDGA standards even though the actual physical mold was a new (identical to old) one.

FWIW, I consider "tweaking a mold" to mean building a physically new mold that is extremely similar, but not identical to, an existing mold. I consider "building a new mold" to mean starting the disc design process from scratch, or changing significantly enough to warrant a different disc profile and/or flight. But again, I can see how as a toolmaker that's not the terminology you'd use.

In the press release it doesn't sound like a tweak to me. Design inspiration is a fairly broad term. You could argue that nearly every disc is an inspiration from an Aero from 1983. I see it as they made or are making completely new discs. Might be similar to others, but so many are already.

I mean how different really is a Surge to a Wraith, or a Sidewinder to a Heat. Trust to a Buzzzz. Rive to Destroyer.

I really like the new plastics on the Trust and Rive. I'm interested to see what they come up with.

Escapes drops today. . the only one i will buy is the Judge. . love the Grand/Supreme plastic but so far no putters in that plastic from Lat64. .
And if Grand is the best plastic Lat64 makes, Sense is the worst by far, tryed the Hope as a throwing putter and after ONE round the disc was destroyed. .the Sense plastic is useless.

I plan to play a tournament next week where the merchant is supposed to have the Escapes. I'll buy one since I have started realizing in the last couple of years just how valuable 9s are.

Picked up one of the Escapes Friday. Haven't thrown it yet but it pretty much looks and feels like all of my other Escapes so I am not expecting any surprises. I have a stack of Graces and a Rive so I knew I would like the plastic. As an added bonus, I ordered another supreme Escape from Marshall Street today since they had them on sale for under $17.

Looks like they are doing the Trespass, the Judge and the Fugitive next. Why the Fugitive? I didn't even think they still produced it. A truth or Verdict would be way cooler.

Looks like they are doing the Trespass, the Judge and the Fugitive next. Why the Fugitive? I didn't even think they still produced it. A truth or Verdict would be way cooler.

Dynamic's first four discs were the Judge, Fugitive, Escape and Trespass. They're basically taking their first original molds and releasing them in the Royal plastic.

Dynamic's first four discs were the Judge, Fugitive, Escape and Trespass. They're basically taking their first original molds and releasing them in the Royal plastic.

Right, it just seems weird since they don't even sell that disc anymore.

Strange, feels like they would sell WAY more if they just gave the new names and called them new discs. . .people like to try new discs

Strange, feels like they would sell WAY more if they just gave the new names and called them new discs. . .people like to try new discs

I totally get that. But, for me, since I've almost always bagged an Escape getting a disc that I am familiar with in a "new" plastic was why I picked one up. Probably the same reason I'll grab a Trespass when they come out.

Threw one a couple times, flew like an Undertaker with better glide. Hit it hard with a little hyzer, stubbornly flipped up to flat and drifted right slightly before pushing really straight. Plastic feels great.

Threw one a couple times, flew like an Undertaker with better glide. Hit it hard with a little hyzer, stubbornly flipped up to flat and drifted right slightly before pushing really straight. Plastic feels great.

I've thrown mine. Flew like an Escape for me. Fresh ones fly pretty true to the numbers for me.

So… kind of disappointed that the Supreme Trespass is still just an idea at this point. Was kind of hoping they would have dropped by now.

They resupplied the Escapes. Which doesn't mean anything to me.

My luck they'll drop the Fugitive next and not drop the Trespass til fall or something. Maybe I'll just stick with Enigmas.

If it makes you feel any better, the Trespass and the Grace fly pretty similarly for me. I would imagine a Trespass in the supreme plastic is now going to feel and fly a lot like a Grace.

Anyhow, if you're a Trespass guy and you haven't tried a Grace you could pick one up to tide you over until thy run the supreme Trespasses.

Saw an ad for Proto Orbit Supreme Sokibomb Felons, so I guess those are going to be a thing...

Anyone chucked a Savior? From the video I saw it looked less OS than I expected in baseline. Seems like this might actually be one of the better (closer approximation) Zone clones.

Well, guess they heard my complaining. Feb 16, Supreme Trespasses drop.

EMac posted a video throwing them. Seem stable enough, safe back in a headwind. Gives me time to debate more.