• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sweeper's Bag (lame title)

sweeper

Eagle Member
Vitals:
Years playing: 6
Right-hand Backhand, some FH, no OH, no rollers (yet)

Golf Distance Ranges- Aviar: 200/225'; Roc: 220/250'; Eagle X: 235/270' Katana: 280/300

Optional:
Sex: M
Rating: 914 Advanced Master

Injuries/handicaps?: "overuse injury" in my shoulders and left knee (does ADD count?)
Other sports?: Softball, golf, used to play soccer, volleyball, ultimate...

I really like my setup with my mids. I recently lost my favorite kc pro roc in a pond. Im also really growing to love throwing the eagle X.
I am really working on distance off the tee. I am good at staying in the fairway and throwing fairly straight. I am very willing to change out any of my distance drivers and don't often use them in tournaments.

I worry about replacing discs if I lose them. Recently lost my beat pro katana (understable) and old kc pro roc. I have replaced them just fine, but the KC pro Eagle and my rattlers might be harder because they take so long to beat in.

I was thinking that I might like Wraiths more than the Katanas, but with some local tourneys coming up it might be tricky to change right away.
What other Drivers might I look into?

Bag: Yellow Gorilla Boy Chimp (I have ordered an orange Silver back)
Not all the discs listed are always in the bag, but they all get good time.

Drivers:
171 Esp Pulse: FH and overstable BHs
175 Star Destroyer: Stable BH off the tee (not thrilled with it)
166 Champ Katana: (domey and sparkly) FH shaped shots, Stable BH, but has beat straight
170 Pro Katana: Most used BH driver
154 Blizzard Katana: Max D driver, recently lost favor to the Pro Katana

Fairways:
175 Star Eagle X: (Brand new) haven't used it yet
172 Star Eagle X: (Well Used) Stable BH driver and some FHs
168 Star Eagle X: (Beat) Less stable, but still stable- Short touch FHs
175 KC Pro Eagle x: (Super Beat) Favorite Fairway! Hyzerflips, anny lines, low flat throws
175 DX Eagle X: (Getting Beat) future replacement for KC pro? doesn't feel as good

Mids:
174 ESP Wasp: hyzer upshots, very consistant, shorter than rocs
175 San Marino Star Roc: Stable, longer than Wasp
180 Glow Roc: Slightly Stable
180 Flattop Glow Roc: (I have 3)hoping it will beat to slightly understable and replace kc pro roc
170 X Comet: Great Disc! Very flippy. Used to throw more comets, but switched to rocs as they beat in

Putters:
175 Star Aviar P&A: hyzer putts and some short drives (have 2 DX BB aviars I threw in the winter)
175 Rattler: upshots under 150'+, most putts. Love this disc!
(I have 4 backups that I have been working in to get them ready)

Or should I just forget the Katanas and only keep the pulse and one katana for forhand shots?

For your your fairways, that is a lot of eagles, but it looks like you got them dialed down pretty well. Try adding a Stag to your bag, some say it flies like an eagle L. From my opinion, its straight and stable with a nice fade at the end. Also look at the River for a straight to understable fairway. The plastic is tough and it seasons well into a hyzer flipping, anny machine. I think your mids and putters are good for the most part as you are cycling molds. The only thing i think is that the wasp would overlap with the Rocs. So yeah, i suggest pick up a VIP Stag in 170-175+, and an Opto and GL River all 170+, if you're into that kind of thing :)

I do love rivers. I'll go look at a stag. I'm home with a migraine today. Nothing but time.

I'm sure you already know this, but the Katana is way way too much disc for a 280' throw. I honestly would be surprised if you don't get more distance with some beaten in dx Teebirds. At your power they should be longer and more controllable than Katanas. My suggestion would be to drop basically all of your faster drivers (Katana and Destroyer) and pick up some dx teebirds in the mid 160s.

Edit: if you are comfortable with the Katana for FH you should keep it in the bag for that. No real problem there, but I would avoid it BH.

I understand that a Katana is too much disc for me, but I throw them flat and they fly fairly straight. *shrugs*

I'd probably set aside everything you list above your eagles since you said you don't use them much for tournaments anyway. Do field work with your fairways and mids until you are reaching out there a little further with those. If you really want to try stuff faster than an eagle I just wouldn't say a speed 13 is the next best leap. There are discs in the speed 9 range that might work out better and you can get them more up to speed. A valkyrie, sidewinder, escape, saint, teebird, etc.

That sounds like a good idea. And I will probably do it. That doesn't mean that I'll like it!

I have similar power, but one of my favorites in my bag is the roadrunner. I carry 2 and "cycle" them. The only thing faster than 9 in my bag currently is the unlace. Just so easy to get it to the 300 mark with minimal effort. I personally found the wraith to be to much for me.

Good luck