• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Taylorsville Lake needs your help!

AdamE

Double Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
A disc golf course at Taylorsville Lake State Park in Taylorsville, KY has been designed by Dave Greenwell and most of the work and clearing is complete. Some problems arose and we need your help. Between now and Tuesday, 3/20, we need to get as many emails as we can sent to these e-mail address:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

The email can simply state:

"My name is _________________ and I support the Taylorsville Lake Disc Golf Course project."

Put "Taylorsville Lake Disc Golf Course Project" in the subject line.

Forward this to anyone you think would take the time to help get a new course in the Kentucky area.

Thank you!

Please take a moment to send an email and help us get a new course in Kentucky!

Thanks

The deadline to make this happen is tomorrow, Tuesday March 20th.

Please, please, please don't wait! Send an email now and help get a new disc golf course in the ground!

I sent an email, would love to throw at those Jenny Wiley baskets again someday, I miss that course...

It might help to post or link to information about the problems that arose. Here's the first helpful thing I found, plus an editorial from the same newspaper:
http://www.spencermagnet.com/content/plans-disc-golf-dead
http://www.spencermagnet.com/content/editorial-revive-plans-disc-golf-course

I don't know many details about the problem. I heard from Dave that it was misinformation that started spreading from the horseback riders about disc golf infringing on their space or something like that. I've been told that's not true. The park is 1600 acres so there should be plenty of room for both activities without any overlap.

Today is the last day, please take a moment to send the email and support disc golf.