• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Technohic Drive Critique (Video)

I think it looks like the most important part, if I were to to work on one thing at a time, would be I need to get myself to come around more on a pivot, with weight forward, and should shoot around on the follow through.

A bit of cleaning up my footwork would probably help a lot. I got through that x step so slow it is like I dont really mean it.

I havv ebigger issues than hair I would think. I weigh about 100 lbs more than I did when I first started seeing my fiance 10 years ago, and boy does it show with the camera like that. :sick:

It's all good. Just look at that as another good reason to get out and hit the course or practice field!

Thinking about it, I might be able to pull off a look alike of the guy in APs avatar.

Anyway, Im going to the course tomorrow morning and will try to see what I can fix. If I feel im doing something different I will probably film again, to where at least I can see. If I look like Im doing something different consistantly, I will post it.

Maybe I will comb my hair so its not looking like a bowl cut; just for Apoth.

techno changing his hair because of my online response...pdga changing their wording on the falling putt rule....

...finally starting to feel like im making a difference.:)

It will probably be like it is when I go to work whereas the video here was me waking up and 930 Fiance was still sleeping and I litterally went out for my morning smoke, and just decided to jump in my truck to go check out this field 2 miles away that I had forgot about until my son played soccer there this fall. Got back at 1230 and the fiance was still asleep so I think this might become a regular thing.

Not a bad field really.

Im.sure others have said it, but you need to turn your body and hips way more and put all your weight forward. It doesnt looklikeyout transfering much weight. You want togo from the weight on your back foot to completely shifted the weight on to your front foot. I find that by kicking up my left leg, its helps me get more of my weight forward. You literally want to be falling off the tee or forward from your momentum.

not yet but chuck kennedy says that the pdga rules committee is in the process of nailing down a re-wording of 803.04 c.:thmbup:

I'd just work on a one-step throw like the first Beto step in his vid, for awhile. Step and right pec drill. Feel that disc coming into your powerzone (ie hammer pound drill), and continuously accelerate as you follow through. If you especially do the underlined part, everything else should follow suit.

Lead your step with your right foot, not your left. The slow speed is fine but not leading with your right is creating or contributing to weight shift, pull, and timing issues.

First off, the points I'll make are covering problem areas that I've had to work in the past, so hopefully what worked for may possibly help you out a little.

1. As mentioned by dodgeball, the footwork is the first issue. You'll gain much more consistency if you have an X-step (if thats what you choose to do) that is ingrained in muscle memory. The hop is fine, but every single X-step was different. As DB said, examine how the pros run up and attempt to model your technique after theirs. Extend the distance between your steps and smooth it out; make it as consistent as possible by countless repetition. One thing I've learned is that I personally need to perform my x-step at a certain angle relative to the disc's flight vector. If I don't do that, my accuracy decreases drastically. For me, my x-step and leg/hip rotation is the most critical part of my throw; if that's off, my shot is off.

2. You start your pull with the disc a little low, with the disc increasing in elevation in regards to the ground throughout the drive. Try keeping it level from beginning to end, so that the disc is level from nipple-to-nipple or shoulder-to-shoulder.

3. It appears that all of your force is being generated from your shoulder and arm; the only reason your body rotates around is from the torque your upper extremity and shoulder is producing. This is exactly opposite of what you should be doing.... your legs and hips should be twisting first, and the torque that your lower body is producing should pull your arm into position and then punch the disc out. I don't add anything in with my arm until the very end of the throw where I lock my elbow out and pinch the disc for snap. Otherwise, my arm is loose. If you use your arm and shoulder mainly, your arm speed will be much slower than it should be. Your arm speed is good, but it can be much faster. Just like in boxing and martial arts, the force for a punch is generated from the lower body/torso while keeping the entire arm loose until immediately before impact. When I started doing this, my effort per throw decreased dramatically with concurrent increases in accuracy and distance. Just like Chubbs stated, "Its all in the hips...."

4. Possibly try introducing a little more reach-back into the drive. There are a couple different schools of thought regarding technique of the reach-back, specifically pertaining to whether or not you look away from the basket or try to keep it within sight. I turn my back to the basket completely; just use what works for you. It definitely isn't a necessity, but adding a better reach-back would likely add some decent distance.

Adjustments

Today, just worked on getting rotation with footwork and a little follow through. This feels more like how I had been throwing when I threw well but I am turning discs more than I like. That will be next is to try to put more hyzer on it and general control. Discs seem to be coming out faster and I seemed to get more distance if I could keep from turning it over.

Good thing I had just put the Blaze in to compliment my Stingray, because one hole is marked 330' and I would normally throw my Pred and I went Blaze because I had overthrown a few shots with the Pred already and parked with the Blaze. Not a bad disc. Like a mini-Pred

Heres a couple. Not my best throws but seemingly the best view of me throwing. Let me know what you think.

EDIT: Videos comming. Technical difficulties

You may be rolling your wrist over and turning them over. But on that first shot it just looked like it came out late.
Now in that second video, that what I mean by getting your weight forward. I started kicking my leg up and throwing my weight reallyyyy forward Like that before I sprained my ankle, Nd noticed a significant increase in distance. Did u notice a big difference whenyou threw.yourself forward like that?

Your weight's more forward which is good but your pull is still not straight at all, you need to get that elbow up and lead with it more and more reach back.

Latest posts