• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Terrewalks by Terrecon for Teepads

Turf is good, especially the high grade stuff. But high grade isn't cheap either if you are buying new.

Ever watch much European or Scandanavian disc golf video footage? Lots of high grade (thick and backed) turf tees.
But what else do you see in those videos? around the edges...just off camera - soccer fields, and indoor soccer wharehouses! Thats where they likely get the stuff - the leftovers when a field is installed, or replaced. The sheer number of turf soccer pitches lends itself to a supply of used turf coming up for grabs more often. It's the principle of use what you've got used to good effect. Could be a direct supply side influencer.

When I see these astroturf tees, I have a second thought I might as well add here. I wonder... if the choice of tee surface directly influences player footwear choices, which in turn influences wear and tear rates and patterns on those tees, but also on the course. Artificial turf tees would lead me to consider sport cleats, like the mini nubs kind used on turf - which would then maybe tear up grassy fairways quicker, or speed erosion effects on woodsy courses. Interesting thought for another time I guess.

Just as I was saying the Terrewalks were out of our budget, we have a potential new sponsor in who will give us $2k for an advert on the back of the course sign. That would be enough (along with the tee sponsors) to make the Terrewalks a realistic option. We're still looking at other option, the turf options we see many talk about, as well as a playground style rubber material. The tennis court finish sounds interesting, but our Teepads can't be a permanent concrete type material, it has to be something that can be pulled up and moved.