• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

That guy stole my firebird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anatak

Bogey Member
Okay here is my story, I was playing the other day at my local Dgc and I threw a disc right in the middle of the fairway, I bend down to pick my bag up and when I looked up and I saw some punk kid running across the fairway and grab my disc. Me not being able to run(with my bad leg) I whipped my phone out and took pictures of this kid. I am honestly thinking about calling the cops because I still have the reciept And the pictures of this punk. So should I call the cops and try to get my disc back? It was my favorite disc.

No, the police might not be able to do much, but making flyers and posting them around the course, at least at appropriate spots may shame this kid from coming back and attempting this again.

No, the police might not be able to do much, but making flyers and posting them around the course, at least at appropriate spots may shame this kid from coming back and attempting this again.

I might just start carrying my rifle with me and next time he runs out take a shot at him, he sure wouldn't do it again after that

It really turns my stomach with what this sport has turned into these past couple of years, makes me think twice about calling when I find someones disc, no one calls me.

Not calling on a clearly marked disc doesn't make you any better than someone who hasn't called you. Stealing a disc in front of someone, KNOWING that it isn't yours and running off is a bit different than finding a disc in the basket/woods with no obvious owner around at all. Even if it's just as sh!tty not to try and get ahold of its owner.

I am big on privacy and would rather not disclose my location

by not telling us the course you're allowing this guy to possibly do it to another golfer. it's not like you're giving us your social, name, date of birth, or anything of any value. it's just the name of a public park dude, or maybe a private course, but i doubt this kind of thing would happen at a private course.

I had a similar incident like this happen, but I am able to run and the two punks had a scared sh*tless look when I came running up yelling at them. Seriously tho, this is the issue with not being able to punish children....I'm only 23 but even in my younger days I would never think about taking anything from someone else kuz if I got caught it was sure to mean a good old fashioned whooping when my parents caught wind of what happened. It wasn't abuse either, it was fitting punishment, and I will honestly say whenever that leather belt came out for something, I sure as hell never did whatever the action that brought it out was again. I also respect my parents and all elders because I was brought up that way. Too many punks getting away with anything they want these days. Hope you see him out there again and get yur disc back....just have another driver ready, one of those to that thick skull will make him think twice I'm sure. /rant

I am big on privacy and would rather not disclose my location

WOn't get much help that way. I can see not divulging your phone number, name, and home address, but a course is public (unless you have your own and then you'd have the kid on trespassing). The do-gooders on this forum have assisted in the return of a lot of discs people didn't think they'd see again. No one can help if they don't even know where this happened... Edit - Tomschillin beat me to it...

Yeah it's not like I can see that white chair you're sitting on, or the mr. Pibb next to your laptop.

That's a bummer man. You have a receipt from a disc you bought how long ago? You said it was your favorite so I just assume you've had it some time. I can respect your want for privacy but people are only asking so they can help.

One a side note and just something to think about I don't want you to take it personal. You said this guy reflects on how the sport has become. I don't think you should assume he even plays disc golf he might just be a thief or someone wanting a story to tell his friends. Think of those idiots who camp out drive thru windows at fast food places only to run up and steal food. They're rarely starving or plump so that tells me they don't have a need for food to satisfy some need they just like to be jerks and steal. It would be like me taking your statement above about shooting him with your rifle and assuming you are a responsible gun owner giving the rest of us a bad image with that talk. More likely is that you are a good gun owner and just angry venting not being serious about shooting anyone.

5chufk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts