• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

That park "ambience"

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
So, with the weather warming up I encountered something I completely forgot about: Other people use the park besides DG'ers. :wall: This meant a b-day party at the shelter complete with country music blaring (I mean blaring, I thought dude's speakers were gonna blow) out of some dude's car, audible from the first 12 holes. The back 9 wasn't too bad, except the baseball field I play next to for a few holes was having a little league practice, coached by Glenn Beck on 'roid rage. This lardass was literally screaming at his kids, crap like "DON'T LET IT PAST THE INFIELD!!!!!!!" The dude sounded like a sargent leading his troops out of the trenches of WWI. It was ridiculous, horrid flashbacks of my one year of little league came flying back to me.

Anyway, here's to another season of DG with our beloved fellow park-goers :hfive: :|

I seriously thought about sending a starfire against the side of the coach's head, he was a major fun suck, I felt bad for the poor little kids he was coaching.

The Native American dancers shaking their little noise sticks wasn't so bad. It was kind of quiet, and actually kept a rhythm going in my head. I figured it wouldn't happen very often, since I hadn't seen it before.

A half an hour later, the noise sticks would no longer cut it for the dancers. It was time to bring out the drum and just beat the hell out of it! I mean, this thing was echoing off of apartments over 1000 feet away. It created this feedback cycle of drum & echo that pretty much ceased all other activity in the park. Tennis, basketball, softball, kickball, and me practicing disc. You couldn't talk to the person standing next to you, and we were literally over 500 feet away from the drum. How is this legal?!

The drum was definitely a new level of ambiance, for sure. That, my friends, was my 'That park ambiance' contribution.

So, with the weather warming up I encountered something I completely forgot about: Other people use the park besides DG'ers. :wall: This meant a b-day party at the shelter complete with country music blaring (I mean blaring, I thought dude's speakers were gonna blow) out of some dude's car, audible from the first 12 holes. The back 9 wasn't too bad, except the baseball field I play next to for a few holes was having a little league practice, coached by Glenn Beck on 'roid rage. This lardass was literally screaming at his kids, crap like "DON'T LET IT PAST THE INFIELD!!!!!!!" The dude sounded like a sargent leading his troops out of the trenches of WWI. It was ridiculous, horrid flashbacks of my one year of little league came flying back to me.

Anyway, here's to another season of DG with our beloved fellow park-goers :hfive: :|

All the more reason to get up at the butt-crack of dawn to go throw plastic. No mullets.... and no little league coaches.:\

What's wrong with the coach, that's how I teach new players;)

danger, if you don't like OG Americans then go back to Europe!

I played in the middle of a Civil War Reenactment once, we had the police called on us. The whole story is really long so I'll leave it at that.

Multi-purpose parks suck sometimes. People casually walking across fairways are the worst.

This kind of stuff can definitely be annoying, but the easiest way to get past it is to just think about all the exposure those courses give our sport. Think of that family sitting on the fairway as potential converts instead of annoying obstacles that you're not supposed to hit. Go talk to them, tell them about the sport, even give them a trash disc or two so they can try it out. They won't sit on the fairway any more, and you may even bring new people into the sport.

I like "other people" ambience, to a degree.

Lot's of cute girlies walking their dogs at the dog run...