• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

anybody know anything about this Chris Strawbridge?
He mopped up the Advanced comp.

Anybody know the final ace tally? Trying to count up my winnings. :D

I hit hole 15 at Hobson during the morning round on Saturday . . . the baskets for 15 & 11 are close to each other . . . NOStheBOSS: did somebody hit hole 11 in the afternoon? . . . or did you think mine was on 11 instead of 15?

Overall, I sucked up the weekend pretty good, but went home happy with my first tournament ace!! Woo-hoo!!

Friday round was when I witnessed 11's ace

Excuse my A-tier with pools noobishness.... but why do some of the players have AB or EF instead of AA BB EE FF? listed as their pool

11 & 15 at Hobson were both aced Saturday morning in Masters and hole 6 at Tech yesterday. I think there was one at Keriakas also but not sure.

Sweet - Charlotte Club fellas taking two of top four Masters spots!
Big high fives to 2014 BG Masters Champion David Gebhardt and 4th Place Chris Uhl.

Excuse my A-tier with pools noobishness.... but why do some of the players have AB or EF instead of AA BB EE FF? listed as their pool

The first letter represents the first portion of the event's pool. The second number represents the second.

A played with AB means they started in the A Pool and then moved to the B pool after the shuffle. AA simply means they stayed in the A Pool.

they switch players around in the pools? wouldn't that mean some guys get to play the same course twice?

No.

Players after so many rounds - say 3 (not sure what it was at this event) have their scores comparable because they all played the same three courses just in different orders. Then the sort all the boards and put the top 72 in A pool, next 72 in B, etc.

This ensures the leaders are in the same pool at the end.

Then after 5 rounds, scores are comparable again.

The worlds does it like this.

The second pool letter for Advanced, Intermediate and Rec just indicates whether they made the top or bottom half of the rankings after the cut to the Finals. Look closely and you'll see the second letter is the same down to around 80 places then changes to the next letter in all three of those divisions. I don't believe they do a shuffle at BG like MTL is mentioning above, just a re-sort into two groups with X number of the top players in the top group getting to play in the Finals.

Last edited:
Yea its just a bit confusing for a first timer. I see what they did now.

Well I guess I cant complain, anyway. I didn't have my A game and got a tie for 38th in rec. Wish I hadn't lost my goto driver last week, that may have been a little different. Hopefully i'll be good enough to cash in int next year.

I walked with his group on the Final 9. He absolutely tore it up. Really nice kid too. Congrats to him.
yea I played a round with him at Lexington ice bowl. great kid great arm and even took my "gentle" ribbing in stride.

Great tournament. HB ran a 700-player event smoother than some 50-player events I've been to. I'm disappointed in my finish after a good start...but hey I had a fantastic time and met some awesome people. I hope to be back.

Anybody else peeved about the round ratings at Phil Moore? I thought it was about 30 points lower than fair. I know CK won't like this...but I think the ratings have about a 15-20% "WTF" rate. I've gotten 2 in the last week that just make me scratch my head.

Latest posts