• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

would like to see the locals give us some insight in which hotels are working with us and which ones are well rated for the money. which to stay away from. any help will be appreciated .

I have stayed at Red Roof the last 3 years....it is of course nothing fancy but it is fine for a cheap hotel. No issues when we stayed there.

Sponsor Holels

Only two hotels have actually joined in and sponsored holes for the event - both very nice!
We hope you consider our sponsors as they pay into the event so we can provide the little extras not covered in the entry fees (like ace pool, Friday dinner, renting all courses, etc.).

Town Place Suites
1818 Cave Mill Road
270-782-4714
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bwgts-towneplace-suites-bowling-green/

Holiday Inn University Plaza
1021 Wilkinson Trace
270-745-0088
http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotel...Rpp=25&qRRSrt=rt&qFRA=1&srb_u=1&icdv=99801505

Hole Sponsor: Overtime Sports Bar and Grill

Thanks to Overtime Sports Bar and Grill for becoming a "coupon sponsor", which means in addition to his two hole signs they will also put a coupon in each players package - - - so look for that when you check in and enjoy some great food and drink!

Will there be updates on the website about the daily events leading up to the weekend. I am coming from Canada and want to try and plan some site seeing as well as golf in some of daily minis. I'm just looking for better info as to what are involved in the minis.
ie
Wednesday and Thursday 9-6, Friday 8-10:45
Southern Kentucky Community Technical College Doubles

^^^^ What is involved with this? ^^^^

The web site is updated as I get information from sponsors . . . . currently most of the info on the "schedule page" is from last year . . . . confirmed so far is Hobson DGA challenge and the Distance contest from Innova.

Weekly drawings ended when the event filled up . . . . but we should have a number of like items to be given away as ctp's and putting prizes starting Tuesday night as check in.

Hotel Sponsor: Candlewood Suites

Back this year as a Birdie ($150 level) hotel sponsor!

Candlewood Suites
270-843-5505
Bowling Green Disc Golf Rates!
Special Rates For Stays of 5 Nights or Longer,
Contact Zach Phelps @ (270) 438-2789

Attachments

• Candlewood Suites logo.JPG
    Candlewood Suites logo.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 3
Innova Announces 2014 BIG GUN

Innova is enhancing the famous BIG GUN contest, adding a clinic with Avery Jenkins and Simon Lizotte! Also we have moved the finals to Friday evening at 6pm to allow for more players to view that great event prior to the flymart

Attachments

• big gun 2014.jpg
    big gun 2014.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 44
PDGA membership REQUIRED

Please check the PDGA results page and to see if you are current and have a PDGA number.
Web site: http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/16411/1373240464

All players need to be a current member by March 15th!
This will allow your ratings to be available in case divisions must change.
We will only "bump up" players who's ratings change on the March 17th ratings.

Also, full refunds for dropping out are available until March 28th. Refund requests must be e-mailed.
Two warm up events are planned by the Bowling Green Disc Golf Club:

The Woods (Hobson and Miller) on March 1st

The Hills (Lovers and Kereiakes) on March 23.
Registration for these fun events are open on Disc Golf U.

HB Clark - TD BG AMs

First time at Bowling Green

My hotel and rental car are booked. I can't wait to get to Bowling Green to play some golf, meet new people, and see what I can learn. This will be my biggest tournament I've participated in, next to the Minnesota Majestic. I will soak it all in while I'm there and try to relax and have fun.

Anyone else excited and anxious besides me?

I don't know if this has already been posted on here or not, but here's something to look forward to at BG this year:

Shirt for players package

The club agreed on the players' package shirt at our last meeting, which will be distributed during check in by Paragon Disc Golf. They will have a list of names and sizes from the registration and be set up near the club check in trailer behind Wha Bah starting Tuesday evening.

Attachments

• BG 2014 shirt.jpg
    BG 2014 shirt.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 133

Latest posts