• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

That was actually a mantis. The only drivers I threw on the Jackson course were those except for two shots.

sweet! yeah looking at the rim size i thought it was slower than the Heat but didnt realized the Mantis could turn like that.. very nice buddy!! :hfive:

What was the white disc you threw more hyzer shots with? Teeshot on Jackson #3 for instance?

MJ - I've seen you at our local course here in Knoxville a few times this past year. Would you say Tommy Schumpert DGC helped in any way with your preparation for the shots you had to make to win this tournament? Big congrats on the W!

It's been said many times, but congrats, MJ! I don't think anyone in the disc golf world was unhappy to see you win. At least I don't know anyone... I'm pretty new to disc golf, but there seems to be universal respect for your game. Onward and upward!

I was also wondering what some of the discs were that you were throwing. I did love your masterful use of that orange Mantis. Was that a red Banger GT I saw for some upshots? And how many Comets did you throw? Is your profile on Discraft's website still accurate? (would love to know color to correlate with the videos and then plastic/weight if you can provide the info!)

It's been said many times, but congrats, MJ! I don't think anyone in the disc golf world was unhappy to see you win. At least I don't know anyone... I'm pretty new to disc golf, but there seems to be universal respect for your game. Onward and upward!

I was also wondering what some of the discs were that you were throwing. I did love your masterful use of that orange Mantis. Was that a red Banger GT I saw for some upshots? And how many Comets did you throw? Is your profile on Discraft's website still accurate? (would love to know color to correlate with the videos and then plastic/weight if you can provide the info!)

yes that was a red banger gt you saw me throw some. i used only two of the comets in my bag during the HOF. i carry 4 of them with me

Nice, the way you were throwing I swore it was a Hornet or something.

What was your overall gameplan for attacking Jackson?

stay in the middle as much as possible and make them have to go for stuff to beat me or catch strokes on me

Yes, congrats on the amazing HOF win! I hope Discraft is appreciative (I'd hate to see you leave for Prodigy, or something, lol). Keep up the good work. We are in your corner!

You would think that it would be written in the Discraft (or any other manufacturer) player contract that at least one ITB video be produced annually. 10 minutes of your time.

You would think that it would be written in the Discraft (or any other manufacturer) player contract that at least one ITB video be produced annually. 10 minutes of your time.

We already know what is ITB for the most part - Comets and Mantises.

I am a huge fan of the Mantis! It is the most reliable utility disc in my bag, holds any line I put it on, and goes the same distance every time.

Latest posts