• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

I have only seen a few of them so far, but I would say they are a little domier than last years were. Hopefully I'll be able to throw them a bunch soon and give everyone my opinion on how they perform

Hey I'm real excited to pick up some of those.. I love Comets.. Got two new ones last week.. Based on your championing of the Comet and you hanging out here you're my favourite pro..

That being said.. There's a thread going "Would you pay $100 to play with a pro?". Anyhow that got me to wondering how would a pro feel about playing your practice round with a fan for money? Wondering too about auctioning off the chance to play with a pro and do it as a 50/50 fundraiser, half to a charity, half to help pay the Pro some touring costs. Has that been done before?

Hey I'm real excited to pick up some of those.. I love Comets.. Got two new ones last week.. Based on your championing of the Comet and you hanging out here you're my favourite pro..

That being said.. There's a thread going "Would you pay $100 to play with a pro?". Anyhow that got me to wondering how would a pro feel about playing your practice round with a fan for money? Wondering too about auctioning off the chance to play with a pro and do it as a 50/50 fundraiser, half to a charity, half to help pay the Pro some touring costs. Has that been done before?
I've never thought about that before

I've never thought about that before

How about this?

Pro-am day before event. $50 entry fee per am Each card is Pro + 4 ams, so $200 per card.

$75 to pro as appearance fee
$50 to pro purse
$25 to players pack
$25 to local club less lunch, expenses, etc.
$25 to pro-am purse

Or break it out however you want. of course you would be limited to events with a large amount of Pro entries. Give the Top 20 ranked first dibs at a spot.

Would something like this entice you to attend an event you otherwise would not?

I can't believe I never tried to throw a Comet before. I'm finally able to sit down and update you all on how I did with the ESP Comet and the very aged Elite X Comet. They both do pretty much whatever I want them to but it will let you know if your form is off.

The bad news for me is my form is so terrible this season I can't seem to throw anything that far and I'm experiencing a high amount of nose up with my putters mids and drivers. I have tried changing my grip but judging from the video on my phone I know my reachback is not straight back so perhaps my grip is not the issue who knows.

Anyways I am super happy with my Comet, it is flying farther then most of my drivers, very odd but it is what it is I guess.

Love the CBD sponsorship MJ.

I've started using it some to help with an achy knee and back that seemed to develop recently.

Just chiming in to say I picked up a couple comets (because of this thread) and already love them! Is consistent "flippiness" an oxymoron? Anyway, looking forward to learning some new shape shots with these bad boys. That is all.

Agreed. I picked up the new esp swirl tour series comet and its reliably flippy when i need it to be, but also holds a nice flip to flat to slight hyzer finish as well. Compliments the 18' swirly esp glo comet nicely.

I was lucky enough to snag 2 esp glo bangers today online. Seems people really freak out over premium plastic bangers and they sell out almost instantly because nobody knows how long we gotta wait for another run. Really interested to compare them alongside the MJ esp bangers however.

Seems people really freak out over premium plastic bangers and they sell out almost instantly because nobody knows how long we gotta wait for another run.

Guilty! I had 2 in my cart at SunKing and they disappeared on me while I was looking at ESP Cyclones. So I snagged 5 from Infinite as soon as I saw them get added. :D

I remember my brother icy hotted his balls and eyes one night.. Woke up middle of the night after doing his shoulder with icy hot.. Rubbed both and had an unpleasant time.. I use cbd on my hands.. It works I alternate with another mentho kind of rub

MJ, do you ever throw any Glow Comets? I hear they are some of the more stable variety of Comets. Thoughts?