• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Thanks for the answer, another quick one: What in your opinion are the types of discs/shots that are a must have for the average round of disc golf. I know it can vary some with what course and player ability, but just for a sort of standard.

What do you do for diet when you are playing a tourney out of town? Do you bring food or just eat whatever/fast food you can find?

Thanks for the answer, another quick one: What in your opinion are the types of discs/shots that are a must have for the average round of disc golf. I know it can vary some with what course and player ability, but just for a sort of standard.

you should be able to have drivers, mids, and putters that you can throw hyzer, anhyzer, and staight. You should also have some sort of workable sidearm, atleast for out shots and approaches. Now everyones distances on these things varies. You dont really need all the trick shot like thumbers, rollers, grenades and all the varieties in between. But you should be reasonably proficient at the basics

What do you do for diet when you are playing a tourney out of town? Do you bring food or just eat whatever/fast food you can find?

it all depends on where i'm going or if i'm camping or something. I try not to eat fast food except for lunch sometimes.

Do you keep track of all the different courses you have played & in what state?

i have over the years, but i havent gotten them all in on here. Plus some of them are temp course, private courses, or just dont exsist anymore. I've gotten a bit lazy on keeping up after it got to the 250-300 course range

Would you consider Stan McDaniel your 'Yoda'?

i dont know that i would consider my yoda, but he was the man in charlotte for a long time in disc golf!! He has taught me alot over the years, by the way he plays and how he designs courses that make you think and work on your game. He really showed me how to act when competing and being a pro! He definitely influenced me alot and made me work hard to beat him and have alot of fun while being competitive and treating the game and your fellow competitors aith respect

Cool, the MJ thread!

I want to say this....I play with this other AM girl, Victoria, and she throws Comets and Bangers all the time, especially in the woods. Those discs have cleaned up her throw so much! She's prolly throwing her drivers a good 40 ft further now.

Also, MJ, Victoria and I took your advice and tossed around the SuperHero a bunch the other day. I bought 2 to have around. When we were glow throwing at Reidsville...all of my throws were turning over right with a RHBH. **there's issues there**

But, tossing arnd that superhero really helped. We are gonna keep it up!

Thanks for the grip tips on the video and on this thread.
I am getting a cleaner release and more spin by raising my thumbpad off the disc somewhat.
Thanks for all the tips.

Cool, the MJ thread!

I want to say this....I play with this other AM girl, Victoria, and she throws Comets and Bangers all the time, especially in the woods. Those discs have cleaned up her throw so much! She's prolly throwing her drivers a good 40 ft further now.

Also, MJ, Victoria and I took your advice and tossed around the SuperHero a bunch the other day. I bought 2 to have around. When we were glow throwing at Reidsville...all of my throws were turning over right with a RHBH. **there's issues there**

But, tossing arnd that superhero really helped. We are gonna keep it up!

see, i'm helpful sometimes! :D

Thanks for the grip tips on the video and on this thread.
I am getting a cleaner release and more spin by raising my thumbpad off the disc somewhat.
Thanks for all the tips.

sweet!!! Glad its helping your game out!

MJ, 2 questions:

Did Kulp ever return the orange Predator I found in the water at Buckhorn a year or two ago, or did he just keep it for himself?

How do you feel about man-made elevated baskets? Putt-Putt course gimmicks, or necessary additions to a bland landscape?

MJ, 2 questions:

Did Kulp ever return the orange Predator I found in the water at Buckhorn a year or two ago, or did he just keep it for himself?

How do you feel about man-made elevated baskets? Putt-Putt course gimmicks, or necessary additions to a bland landscape?

i think he did, but i dont really remember.

I like elevated baskets and some of the things that you can tdo to make putting more difficult and have to think about than its on flat ground. You can go to far, like anything, but if its thought about properly you can do some fun stuff with building up tees and moving baskets around

I've been wanting to ask somebody about 12 at Hornets Nest. Great hole...always a par 4?

I've gotten in the habit of playing it 4-Web, 5-Nest, to hook myself up, but I've never known for sure the deal with that one.

I've been wanting to ask somebody about 12 at Hornets Nest. Great hole...always a par 4?

I've gotten in the habit of playing it 4-Web, 5-Nest, to hook myself up, but I've never known for sure the deal with that one.

its a par 5, just a bit of an easy one. It actually gives you a shot at an eagle

its a par 5, just a bit of an easy one. It actually gives you a shot at an eagle

Freaking AWESOME! I thought it would be a 4 at least on the Web layout, considering how mean McDaniel is, LOL. I always forget to check it.

Speaking of Stan "Design Devil" McDaniel, I take it from an earlier question that maybe your not always 100% on board with his patented sphincter tingling basket locations? No hate here. Just curious. I actually 6 putted 17 at the Nest once. :sick:

Latest posts