• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

The fastest way might be to do a quick video for Ian and name the disc. If he's color blind you may have to state the color.

If you really want me to do that I can. Might take a little bit to do

If you're down that would be great MJ! A video would work too if that's easier. I know we filmed you more than once that week so it would be in a few videos. If you don't have the time I totally understand though.

The fastest way might be to do a quick video for Ian and name the disc. If he's color blind you may have to state the color.

Thankfully I am not. :) Great idea on the video btw.

Picked up a big z comet and finally got a chance to throw it today....I'm in love. Nice and stable, reminds me of my slightly beat gravity ghosts but in premium plastic. Tons of glide too.

Has anyone seen an untooled Comet? I have a pink one that has no inner rim tooling at all. Also, what's up with the older Comet's and the qr code looking strip on the underside? Is it the same kind of thing as the Predator? Etched out licence #?

Picked up a big z comet and finally got a chance to throw it today....I'm in love. Nice and stable, reminds me of my slightly beat gravity ghosts but in premium plastic. Tons of glide too.

I love my big z comet!! They are sweet. All the big z line is taking over my bag

Can you ask Discraft nicely to bring the Storm back in Big Z? If they do and they make a bunch of money you look like a genius and I get to throw them. Win win.

Can you ask Discraft nicely to bring the Storm back in Big Z? If they do and they make a bunch of money you look like a genius and I get to throw them. Win win.

Lol. I doubt I can get them to do that one

I was at my local disc shop, browsing the plastic stacks, when I came across a collection of Banger GT's. I remembered it was something you threw, so I decided to feel them up, and holy cow! That is one comfortable disc in the hand. The groove top just seems to be ideally placed for a comfortable grip on the disc. I haven't had much experience with other Thumbtrack discs, but this just seemed way more comfortable. I may have to pick one up next time I'm there.

I was at my local disc shop, browsing the plastic stacks, when I came across a collection of Banger GT's. I remembered it was something you threw, so I decided to feel them up, and holy cow! That is one comfortable disc in the hand. The groove top just seems to be ideally placed for a comfortable grip on the disc. I haven't had much experience with other Thumbtrack discs, but this just seemed way more comfortable. I may have to pick one up next time I'm there.

Nice! I love throwing the Banger gts. They are badass and under appreciated. I like how the grove top makes it easy to grip and takes out some of the guess work as to where yo put your thumb when throwing different shots.

MJ,

I received a cryztal comet as part of a player's pack over the weekend and I'm kinda loving it. Flies super straight with minimal effort and the plastic feels great.

Do you throw (or have you thrown) any cryztal? I don't recall seeing any of the Discraft pros throwing it, but obviously my observations of Discraft pros are limited to youtube vids for the most part...

MJ,

I received a cryztal comet as part of a player's pack over the weekend and I'm kinda loving it. Flies super straight with minimal effort and the plastic feels great.

Do you throw (or have you thrown) any cryztal? I don't recall seeing any of the Discraft pros throwing it, but obviously my observations of Discraft pros are limited to youtube vids for the most part...

Honestly I really haven't thrown or used much of the crystal plastic stuff over the years. Just one of the things I kinda never looked into. Sounds like a good comet though!

Latest posts