• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Just picked up this X-Comet(177+) today. What should I expect after using this in heavily wooded courses. Will it get super flippy real fast?

Attachments

• IMG_1159.JPG
    IMG_1159.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 20
Just picked up this X-Comet(177+) today. What should I expect after using this in heavily wooded courses. Will it get super flippy real fast?

No, it should hold up just fine. I just added a new one after a year and a half. And the old one is still in the bag! Beat Comets are a thing of beauty in the woods.

Agreed. It will last for a while.
The more trees you avoid the longer it will last. One to two seasons is not a bad guess.
There are a few factors that make Comets (and other mids/putters) last longer in the woods.
--- they are relatively slow
--- they have blunt edges
--- they require finesse and don't get muscled into trees nearly as often (this is more specific to Comets and other finesse discs... i.e. not Rocs, Buzzzes, Truths, etc)

MJ are you still coming out to the Utah open? Hope to see you there! Also, I would love a signed comet from you. Will you have any with you for sale?

MJ are you still coming out to the Utah open? Hope to see you there! Also, I would love a signed comet from you. Will you have any with you for sale?

Not doing the Utah Open. It was on the leg of the pro tour that I signed up for early. Just too far away for it to be worth my time

MJ Comet came in today, looks pretty great and feels even better! Some of the softer feeling Ti ive felt. Cant wait to carve up some wooded holes with it!

Ahh, you got yours? Did you have any tracking on it? Mine were supposed to go out in the first batch. I've got all the shippers setup to automatically notify me if a package is headed my way and haven't seen anything yet.

MJ, there's a guy on the forum named Koolaide Johansen....any relation?

Ahh, you got yours? Did you have any tracking on it? Mine were supposed to go out in the first batch. I've got all the shippers setup to automatically notify me if a package is headed my way and haven't seen anything yet.

There is a tracking number on the package but MJ didnt or forgot to pm me the number. So I had no idea when it was arriving.

For those wondering about the Blue 177+s I went out to the field yesterday with all my comets and found the MJ to be more forgiving out of the hand. A little more HSS but still had around the same comet glide and stability in 2nd part of the flight. These to me would be the ideal comet for those long wooded straight tunnel holes where you can give it a clean rip and not worry so much about accidentally turning it over but wont fade out hard at the end.

Think I have five more packages to go out tomorrow and that will be all the ones that have paid for them so far. A big chunk went out Friday and another batch today