• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

I've been thinking about picking up a Comet or two and giving them another shot. I threw them years ago and wonder if they could find a spot in my bag these days.

My favorites were some orange ESP Comets I had that were pretty flat for an ESP Comet, and a bit on the gummy side. I really liked it.

If I ordered a plain ESP Comet today how would it compare to the runs from 5 or 6 years ago?

I've been thinking about picking up a Comet or two and giving them another shot. I threw them years ago and wonder if they could find a spot in my bag these days.

I think a Comet has a place in every golfer's bag. I would like to see a video with you using the Comet at Nevin. It would be interesting to see someone with a lot more power than me finessing the woods with that mold.

My favorites were some orange ESP Comets I had that were pretty flat for an ESP Comet, and a bit on the gummy side. I really liked it.

If I ordered a plain ESP Comet today how would it compare to the runs from 5 or 6 years ago?

I just happened to see your video of you throwing a 168g ESP Comet on youtube. Must have been a flat one, because they were flipping over on you. I think ESPs tend to mold up flatter...

I just happened to see your video of you throwing a 168g ESP Comet on youtube. Must have been a flat one, because they were flipping over on you. I think ESPs tend to mold up flatter...

That was one I found that was already well used. My ESP ones flew stable for me. If I gave them some hyzer they'd sail out to 400' and finish straight.

Back in Ohio the Axis worked a lot better than the Comet on the more open holes,, but on the more wooded Carolina courses I can see a few spots where a Comet would be a better option than my Axis.

I always thought it was a really fun disc, so even if I don't end up bagging it I know I'd have fun shooting a few videos. It'd be funny to do a Comet only round at Nevin.

I have 2 LE Comets I got some years ago when they were limited ESP runs. One has the tooling and one doesn't, so I guess they are different runs. The one without the tooling is slightly domier than the other. It's comparable to a Z Comet I have. The other SE with the tooling is very comparable dome-wise to the two current ESP runs that I have for back-ups, which is a bit flatter.

If the ones you had from earlier runs were the softer ones and not the really rigid ones, then the newer esp o es are pretty similar

If the ones you had from earlier runs were the softer ones and not the really rigid ones, then the newer esp o es are pretty similar

I forgot to mention in my previous post to Mike C, none of the Comets I mentioned are soft in any way. I will have to try one of these you speak of, MJ.

I have 2 LE Comets I got some years ago when they were limited ESP runs. One has the tooling and one doesn't, so I guess they are different runs. The one without the tooling is slightly domier than the other. It's comparable to a Z Comet I have. The other SE with the tooling is very comparable dome-wise to the two current ESP runs that I have for back-ups, which is a bit flatter.

I can't speak to which run your tooled one is (thinking it's first run though if it's domey), but your untooled one is a 3rd run. Last LE run from a couple years ago.

I finally listened to this thread and bought an X Comet. I threw it today for the first time. It glides SO SLOW. My fan grip is all kinds of wonky, which I can away with when throwing my rocs, but the comet is having none of it. HOW DO YOU THROW THESE THINGS SO WELL!? Is the finger pressure with your index finger into the inside of the rim or the flight plate? I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out this fan grip comet stuff, but am trying to trust the process in order to reap the long term benefits.

I finally listened to this thread and bought an X Comet. I threw it today for the first time. It glides SO SLOW. My fan grip is all kinds of wonky, which I can away with when throwing my rocs, but the comet is having none of it. HOW DO YOU THROW THESE THINGS SO WELL!? Is the finger pressure with your index finger into the inside of the rim or the flight plate? I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out this fan grip comet stuff, but am trying to trust the process in order to reap the long term benefits.

I'll answer this later when I am not so tired

I saw they're releasing mini Comets this weekend! If anyone wants to grab one at Bowling Green and ship it to me, PM me!

Hey MJ, just wanted to make sure you know registration is now open for the Mad City Open. You were so close to winning it last year...

Wow, they totally missed the boat on the stamp for those. It should of been a Comet perfectly threading a wooded tunnel with MJ walking away nonchalantly.

Latest posts