• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] "THE Atlas" of DGCR - Tales of a Traveling Disc

(Seriously, though, sorry I've had it so long. I completely forgot I still had the Atlas. This will be FINEST SUMMER EVAR!)

My boy is 10 days old and I hear newborn puke has a similar effect to bacon grease where grip is concerned.

This traveling Atlas doesn't travel too much.

I don't have any compelling arguments other than I'd enjoy trying to get the first ace on video with this said Atlas then send it off to the next destination. Could maybe even get a picture with it next to some cactus or a rattlesnake or some other manly Texas sh** like that.

I've become quite addicted to atlases and they have replaced most of my midrange lineup I've thrown for 25 years within a month of my accidental discovery of them at last year's Rochester Flying Disc Open.
Not only would I feel incredibly priveleged to be able to throw the traveling one at this year's NT/A tier Rochester Flying Disc Open in August and September, I love the idea itself and would be glad to start another one traveling if it's elsewhere at the time.
I think I'll try a different approach though, using the idea from the above posts of each person signing it small with zipcode or maybe tournament name and spiraling inwards I will start a white rim pink topped first run traveling by passing it on at the end of the tournament to another trustworthy (judgement wise) and known personally player (preferably one who throws atlases but geography could be a factor too, with the intent of passing it from tournament to tournament and see how far it can get.
I'll start a thread around the same time to try and track it.

Basic conditions will be each torchbearer must throw it at least once in their next tournament and it must be risk free shots only, to try and keep it from drowning or starving to death lost in the woods and they should pass it to someone they know and trust to keep it safe at the end of the tourney.

What an aptly named disc for such an idea OP.

Last edited:
If you're doing that with the original, you should have everyone fill the top of the disc with names/places and send it to the IDGC when its full, be pretty cool.
I don't want to hog or copycat your idea though, now I kinda feel guilty thinking about starting another.

Last edited:
Get it to Minneapolis by July 19th and I'll throw it in the Am Worlds, and pass it on to another DGCR player there. We should have a few. Group Atlas grope & toss!

Get it to Minneapolis by July 19th and I'll throw it in the Am Worlds, and pass it on to another DGCR player there. We should have a few. Group Atlas grope & toss!

gross anyone is actually doing that tourney?

I've thrown an Atlas exactly once, and missed chains by about 3" with it. I've been wondering how one would pair with my Buzzz...so send the damn thing to me, already.

OK, I finally looked back at this thread, and am amazed at the incredible journeys this Atlas has had. Idea from September, 2013, and it's been shipped, let's see... once, right? :\ :p

If you're looking for a compelling argument, how bout this: I promise to use it, get a decent picture at Idlewild or Lincoln Ridge, and pass it on in less than one week. :thmbup:

(In fact, I think in June or July, I can guarantee to have it visit at least three states in the week I've got it :))

Yeah...we should hold off on me until the beginning of August...I'll get some pix of it at Highbridge.

Yay! technically receiver is to pay the shipping costs, then be reimbursed when they ship out to the next person and so on-- I hashed this out at the beginning and it didn't appear to cause any issue.

the only reason for paypal to go to the sender for shipping was for easy tracking of the disc and actual people involved. Its less of an honor system this way and more of a commitment because the person getting the $ will have NO problem sending it for $3 and the one receiving it has actual vested interest.

Of course people could pay for their own shipping but I would rather there be some type of REAL tracking system with some actual recourse.

Send it to Sisyphus, and I'll help him make some awesome idlewild pics. Hmm, action shot of the disc going through the Y-mando???

Latest posts