• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The best sidearm driver you can think of.

OAT=off axis torgue=any motion that makes the disc move in another direction than forward and rotating only in one axis around the center of the disc. Like throwing hyzer and following through with the arm in an anny fashion. Meaning the arm rises to the rip and falls down after it. There the fingers tilt the disc toward anhyzer at the last moments of the contact between the disc and the fingers. FR ESP Nuke is beefier than others except Nuke OS. Nuke OS helps those that have a dirtier form than a Z or ESP Nuke can't tame. Z and ESP Nukes are longer than the harder fading Nuke OS. The best FH max D disc depends on your speed, spin and cleanliness of form. The cleaner you throw the less fading disc you can use. For golf drives a Beast works well. But faster discs go farther and fade more. Play the fade like you do BH using different discs for differently shaped and differing length holes and that is the best use of FH distance. So using more than one driver along the standard advice for disc roles is recommended. Sometimes it may be most useful to toss the slower disc annied on a max D line than the beefy disc flat. You can ride the wind FH too.

Why are we throwing a forehand for distance again? I use it alot, just never for distance. If it is a long right turning hole an I need max D with right hook I forehand my P-PD2!

I'll also cast my vote for Destroyers. I use Wraiths for BH distance and used to just flick my most stable Wraith, but then I put a Star Destroyer in my bag and it was $$$ for FH distance. I lost that disc however...I will most likely get another Destroyer but I've also thought about trying the PD2 or the Quasar for this slot.

Star Destroyer.

DGA Proline Hurricanes and Discraft ESP Forces are very comparable to the Star Destroyer, and awesome.

If you need more stability to fight headwinds or hide form flaws, or because you enjoy throwing with all your might, then Millennium Quasars and Discmania C-PD2's are both incredible discs!

If you're talking about accuracy, and not so much distance, then Champion Firebird (overstable), C-PD (a little less stability), Champion Firebird-L (straight with finesse, understable with power), or Champion Valkyrie (under stable).

Short answer: OAT=off axis torque=wobble. Makes the disc intially less stable and subject to turning left on RHFH.

I guess i read the name of the thread wrong as did everyone else. The correct answer to the topic name is Ville Piippo European and Finnish champion :-D

Why do people recommend pretty much all overstable drivers for FH distance but not BH distance?

I actually would recommend the Quantum Orion LS. One of the best straight distance drivers for learning a BH with. That thing can hold any line out of the box

I had a merlot colored vip king that I was crushing until I lost it. Since then I've been throwing a star destroyer and it's worked fairly well. As of Sunday I would've said the king was longer, but I had a few tosses with the destroyer that were just as long.

Personal fave is Discraft Z Force
Honorable mentions include Star Destroyer, and any Halo.
These are for out and out distance..... The Force also wins for wind resistance and accuracy, because it fits my mitts.
KP

Well why not just fix the OAT? Why is FH exempt from that but BH isn't? Like why does everyone tell people to throw putters for upshots with BH but Zones for FH upshots? Neutral putters can by hyzer flicked and fly the exact same line and that's what people do BH but not FH.

Mike C said:
Well why not just fix the OAT? Why is FH exempt from that but BH isn't?
Because people are ignorant of their own problems and lazy.

Well I guess is what I am asking is this. On this site and most others, people recommend discing down, throwing putters for upshots and short drives, correcting OAT, learning how to drive a Comet 300' with no turn etc. when it comes to backhand, but when someone asks for FH drivers people say get a Force/FB/flick/Destroyer and other fast, fairly overstable molds.

Why is there such a disconnect in the advice being given for FH and BH? Why don't we tell people to learn to flick a Comet 300' to eliminate OAT, or throw putters for upshots, or disc down etc?

Mike C said:
Well I guess is what I am asking is this. On this site and most others, people recommend discing down, throwing putters for upshots and short drives, correcting OAT, learning how to drive a Comet 300' with no turn etc. when it comes to backhand, but when someone asks for FH drivers people say get a Force/FB/flick/Destroyer and other fast, fairly overstable molds.

Why is there such a disconnect in the advice being given for FH and BH? Why don't we tell people to learn to flick a Comet 300' to eliminate OAT, or throw putters for upshots, or disc down etc?

When I flick but for distance I use a beat star destroyer which is the same thing I use backhand. I use every disc in my bag forehand and backhand.

People should absolutely learn to throw putters and mids on upshots and for decent distance but, as you know, the mechanics of the forehand are different than the backhand and the discs will act differently because of that so the same advice can't always apply.

People should really watch Big Jerm flick online sometime if they want to see some clean FH form.

Yeah I've been watching a lot of his videos lately, he's one of my favorite golfers to watch play the game. He is super clean with his FH form.

Yup, it's shameful how easily people accept utterly shitty forms for forehand. They don't seem to understand that forcing the disc isn't the way to go, even though they should've learned that from BH practice already.

My FH power is shit, I practically never practice or use it on the track, but I concentrate keeping it clean and can hit around 300-330' with a River, accuracy being crap, but I think the "never practice" might have something to do with that. Destros and such are WAY too overstable for me if I don't intentionally throw like shit, and that just produces a shit result anyhow.