• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Alcoa, TN

The Claytons

4.185(based on 30 reviews)
The front doesn't exist anymore. It's been removed to make way for cabins for out-of-state visitors for The Clayton's business. The front 9 is scheduled to be re-opened after the first of the year (2018).

The front doesn't exist anymore. It's been removed to make way for cabins for out-of-state visitors for The Clayton's business. The front 9 is scheduled to be re-opened after the first of the year (2018).
The front 9 remains closed. No set date on it's return.

Word is that seven holes on the front are now open and ready for play. Baskets are missing on two holes and there are a few others that are borderline unplayable but I'm sure that will change soon.

1-7 are technically playable (though they mostly feel abandoned). IMPORTANT: Holes 8-9 are totally gone, so you have to retrace your steps to get to 10. Wish I'd read these comments and known to skip the front nine. No indication of this at the course kiosk. Really disappointing course overall, and certainly not worthy of a 4.2! Regret going out of my way to play it to be honest.

Agree with the rating. It should be lowered to stop people from driving so far out of the way just to be disappointed.

Agree with the rating. It should be lowered to stop people from driving so far out of the way just to be disappointed.
Reviews and updates since early 2018 stated front 9 was closed. Shouldn't be that much of a surprise.

Latest posts