• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Colt

I finally have Protos next to production and I am not too please. Usually the difference between proto and production is in your head; you can see the changes they made, it is actually pretty drastic.

I finally have Protos next to production and I am not too please. Usually the difference between proto and production is in your head; you can see the changes they made, it is actually pretty drastic.

Have you had a chance to throw them? How do their flights compare?

Ok, false alarm, my production dx Colts fly as advertised. I would not bother stocking up on protos. The enhanced shoulder feels a bit weird but I can already tell the production mold will season better and hold the stability longer.

Ok, false alarm, my production dx Colts fly as advertised. I would not bother stocking up on protos. The enhanced shoulder feels a bit weird but I can already tell the production mold will season better and hold the stability longer.

Interesting. My production Colt is understable compared to the protos.

Out of curiosity, what is your production Colt's weight?

Posted this in a comparison thread, but it can't hurt to double post it here.

This is DGCR, and I do like to speculate from time to time. Like many, I'm anxiously awaiting a premium plastic Colt, so much so that I check the Innova dealer page frequently. I opened the PDF order form and performed a search for Colt, 4 matches were returned. However, I could only find three words highlighted with the fourth being obscured or hidden. Wouldn't you know it, it was a section completely blacked out between Star Boss and Star Cro. This could be a number of possibilities (Cheetah, Condor, Classic Roc, etc.) so I went to the Excel file. Tried to search only to find the sheet is protected. A quick work-around of keying in the cell location to the name box provided the entry into the formula bar. St Colt! This leads me to believe it will be here sooner rather than later.

I checked out some putters today & I really liked the feel of the colt. I didn't buy one. Thought I'd see what you all said here first. But will still probably purchase one any. So what are your thoughts. Xt or Dx. Im going to check all the ones they have for a prototype, from reading all the post it seams to be a better disc. I'm still new to the game. Any advice helps.

I checked out some putters today & I really liked the feel of the colt. I didn't buy one. Thought I'd see what you all said here first. But will still probably purchase one any. So what are your thoughts. Xt or Dx. Im going to check all the ones they have for a prototype, from reading all the post it seams to be a better disc. I'm still new to the game. Any advice helps.

If possible, see if you can hold an XT disc in your hand and see if you like it. If so, go for it. If not, get DX. Some love XT, I personally am not a fan. YMMV.

XT over DX, period. Not great, but better than DX, in feel and durability. Unless you wuv the pistol stamp on the DX and just gotta have it.

I actually prefer the DX version.

As for how they throw, I am planning to run only Colts next year and no mids. That's right, no rocs, only Colts. Of course I need a Star or champ colt for that to work, but these plans have to say something about my regard for the mold.

I actually prefer the DX version.

As for how they throw, I am planning to run only Colts next year and no mids. That's right, no rocs, only Colts. Of course I need a Star or champ colt for that to work, but these plans have to say something about my regard for the mold.

Well, definitely an upgrade from the Sonic :D

Oh, the Sonics will still be there, you better believe it!

Just razzin ya. I actually had a Sonic in the bag briefly, for touch shots close to the basket but still outside putting range. Sunk some long ones with the thing. But in the end, I like to keep things as consistent as possible, and the Sonics unorthodox size and shape had my other putter feeling strange every time I switched back. Don't want that, no, uh uh.

Oh, the Sonics will still be there, you better believe it!

Just razzin ya. I actually had a Sonic in the bag briefly, for touch shots close to the basket but still outside putting range. Sunk some long ones with the thing. But in the end, I like to keep things as consistent as possible, and the Sonics unorthodox size and shape had my other putters feeling strange every time I switched back. Don't want that, no, uh uh.

It happened again! What's with the edit function wigging out here and putting up duplicate posts instead?

Posted this in a comparison thread, but it can't hurt to double post it here.

This is DGCR, and I do like to speculate from time to time. Like many, I'm anxiously awaiting a premium plastic Colt, so much so that I check the Innova dealer page frequently. I opened the PDF order form and performed a search for Colt, 4 matches were returned. However, I could only find three words highlighted with the fourth being obscured or hidden. Wouldn't you know it, it was a section completely blacked out between Star Boss and Star Cro. This could be a number of possibilities (Cheetah, Condor, Classic Roc, etc.) so I went to the Excel file. Tried to search only to find the sheet is protected. A quick work-around of keying in the cell location to the name box provided the entry into the formula bar. St Colt! This leads me to believe it will be here sooner rather than later.

if true.. innova is dumb as hell being who they are, unless this is intentional...