• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Colt

How stable is the Colt compared to a KC Aviar?

I have not thrown a KC Aviar. I know the plastic is stiff, and I have thrown McPro Aviars. I also don't know how well or quickly KC Aviars season in.

So having said that, IMHO the Star Colt is stable/straight, and some production DX Colts I've thrown are stable/understable. The McPro Aviar is stable to slightly overstable for me.

I don't throw my KC Aviar, I throw a Champ so it's a tad more OS that the KC Pro's I bag as putters. My Colt is a straight flying disc. It's low speed, so it's easy to throw it a bit faster to keep it straighter, and has some decent (for a putter) HSS. I dislike throwing deeper putters like aviars etc, so Spikes, Pures, Colts are right in my wheel house as a throwing putter.

I have not thrown a KC Aviar. I know the plastic is stiff, and I have thrown McPro Aviars. I also don't know how well or quickly KC Aviars season in.

So having said that, IMHO the Star Colt is stable/straight, and some production DX Colts I've thrown are stable/understable. The McPro Aviar is stable to slightly overstable for me.

I was hoping the stars weren't stable. I like throwing premium plastic putters and my glow BB Aviar is stable/overstable and I was hoping the Colt would me a more understable option.

The colt for me is what the nova is for McBeth, well as close as it can be for me. I have several Novas, and never got the feel for them, for a throwing putter they're pretty deep for my hands. For shorter drives, and upshots that I want to go straight and land flat and not roll away, the colt is what I reach for.

+1 and then +1000 more. :thmbup:

I agree about the Nova. Great straight throwing putter, but a bit deep for my grip, and I also catch a finger on a "compass point" from time to time. The Colt is more shallow, more comfortable, and just seems to hone in on the chains for me.

I was hoping the stars weren't stable. I like throwing premium plastic putters and my glow BB Aviar is stable/overstable and I was hoping the Colt would me a more understable option.

I think for someone with decent power the star Colt will be a little understable. Mine turns a little more than my proto DX and XT.

We may be using the term "stable" at cross-purposes. Chances are very good the Star Colt would meet your stable/understable needs, especially if you put some power/torque on it.

A disc that is very similar to the Colt in that it is very shallow and flies very straight is the Lat 64 Core. I was using the Colt for approaches, and the Core does it pretty much the same, except it adds some range to the equation. They have similar stability as well.

I'd like to compare a Star Colt to the Core someday.

How is the edge shape on the Core?

Does it have a similar feel in the hand to the Proto Colts? I hate the feel of the production versions :thmbdown:.

b9d49723-82fb-48eb-88bf-5c106c005409Latitude%2064%20Core%20Opto.jpg

How is the edge shape on the Core?

Does it have a similar feel in the hand to the Proto Colts? I hate the feel of the production versions :thmbdown:.

I find it quite similar to the DX proto Colt - nice rounded feel.

I think for someone with decent power the star Colt will be a little understable. Mine turns a little more than my proto DX and XT.

I'm a noodle arm and my Star Colt is a hyzer flip straight flyer, which is perfect for me.
I was surprised at how stable my proto XT Colts are compared to the Star.

I'm a noodle arm and my Star Colt is a hyzer flip straight flyer, which is perfect for me.
I was surprised at how stable my proto XT Colts are compared to the Star.

Is your star Colt more gummy or stiff? Domey or flat? Thanks

Hey guys...I won a proto-stamped Colt at my local ice bowl. There's nothing except the weight penned on the back. What plastic blends were the protos released in? Am I right to think that it's Star Plastic? It feels more like DX/XT...