• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Colt

I just find it odd that Innova would put a gun on a disc?

Seriously thought you were joking I expected with Innova's "animal theme" it was going to be a horse. Surprised when I actually looked at one online. Anyway Colt just filed for bankruptcy so doubt they'll care.

How does this compare to the Classic Roc? People are comparing to XD and Classic Roc is a beaded XD, so I would think they would be similar...

I was at Innova yesterday and fondled some. I would have thought they were an XDish type thing. Very low rim height. Lower than Rhynos and judges, might be a great small hand putter like the XD's were.

Pics of the bead can be seen in this thread and at

Dealer.innovadiscs.com

Geebus guys

Picked up a couple locally today. My first impression when gripping it was Ontario Classic Roc.
It has that super low profile and is FAF. The convex wing makes me think of the new Gateway Chief.

So if the Gateway Chief is a trimmed-down/squished Wizard...Maybe the Colt is like a trimmed down/squished Aviar.
(Oh wait...thats an XD) Ummm so its a Classic Roc/XD kinda thing. Looking forward to tossing it and betting I'd love a Jolly Launcher version as a driving putter to compete with my Opto Pure

Pics of the bead can be seen in this thread and at

Dealer.innovadiscs.com

Geebus guys

coltedge-600.jpg

I bit and bought three of these (in DX only) pre-sale and they showed today.
Two FAF and one slightly domey.
Played a round with the slightly domey one and I'm generally "meh" about this disc upon first impressions.

Its definitely shallow, was surprised to find that its quite a bit more shallow than a Summit.
I didn't like it for putting all that much, but I did drain a few floaty putts in the 40ftish range.
Driving it flat was really pretty flippy for me until I started giving it a bit of hyzer on release and then performed roughly -1, 1.
I'd say the flight chart provided for the Colt on Infinite discs is right.
It liked the 250-275 range when driven, though sometimes it felt a little more like -1.5, 1.
The 3, 4 speed glide felt correct.
It held anny pretty well, but didn't hold a hyzer as much as I would have liked... just did not come back as much as expected.

Overall, for me, seems like this is a tweener disc in that long putter/mid range.
Its a decent upshot disc, but theres already plenty of that area covered by other discs (for me, I prefer the Wizard for this).
For smaller hands, or folks that just like shallow putter, this might fill a void... not sure though.
But the stamp is cool so they'll def sell a ton of them, in DX at least.

I played a round w my FAF XT Max wt.
I found it to be more LSS than my Opto Pure. I threw it quite a bit and it took a couple tree knocks. Held up better than I expected.
I actually expected it to be much more flippy.
I will say that I drive putters w a power grip, and due to how shallow the Colt is I had to go to modified fan grip. But I still got some strong rips on it. I agree w the above review on the range. I liked it best for powered down longer approaches that didn't need the stability of my Rhyno's.
It's a nice little disc, but the market is pretty saturated for that slot I feel like it'll get lost in the mix. Other than the rhyno I don really like any Innova putters. I would prefer the colt to an Aviar tho. I did not like putting it for sure.
I'd get more excited abt a Champ version.

DX or XT plastic for the Colt?

For those who have tried both plastics can you tell which is the best for putting and if there are any flight variations. Thanks.

Latest posts