• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Colt

I think there was another company that retooled a few molds after the initial release.

I think it rhymes with Bem Vp.

I've reached out to Innova for clarification on the difference between the DX and XT now in stores and this GStar version. I'll pop in with what they tell me.

It's not complicated. The XT and dx protos are true prototypes. Theyve already retooled the mold for whatever reason and all future releases will be the retooled version.

The protos are, after all, a PROTOTYPE

It's not complicated. The XT and dx protos are true prototypes. Theyve already retooled the mold for whatever reason and all future releases will be the retooled version.

The protos are, after all, a PROTOTYPE

That's the tricky part, though: My copies don't have a proto stamp. So I'm curious how they compare.

While I don't love the choice (since I just ordered a couple protos that will never be replaceable if I like them), I can understand it. Gateway did a very similar think with the release of the Chief/Shaman. They released loads of Chiefs/Shamans from a set of molds and then completely changed the molds up a couple months later and re-released them. I think most of the disc companies have been guilty of this at one time or another. They get customer feedback and decide the mold isn't quite what they wanted, so they change it a little. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think most of the disc companies have been guilty of this at one time or another. They get customer feedback and decide the mold isn't quite what they wanted, so they change it a little. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's just when Innova does it, they are the evil cash grabbing empire. When anyone else does, they are fixing a mold.

It's just when Innova does it, they are the evil cash grabbing empire.

Only when they do it a week after they release the prototype and somehow magically have another version already on deck before they could have possibly gotten any reliable input on the prototype from customers.

I don't know if there is any real need to get up in arms yet. If anything, Innova is being upfront about changes they made to the mold. Shouldn't we appreciate that kind of transparency?

Plus, no one here has thrown the two versions back to back, right? For all we know, the difference in flight won't be noticeable.

On the other hand, they could be completely different. I could see people being upset at that point. But maybe we should wait for that point to actually get here, first.

LOL @ MVP trolls trolling MVP in an Innova thread where no mention of any MVP products had occurred. Obsess much? I mean really. You might add some D to your drives if you get those chips off your shoulders.

I don't see much of a problem with how Innova's done this. Stamped it as a prototype. Ran quite a few of them, got them into hands of throwers. Tweaked it to make it into the mold they want.

For the few who really like this proto, they're out there. For those for whom rarity feels like it flies better, there's a new mold to search for, pay more for, and bag.

I've got little interest in my 2. Protostar and revolver stamps on earlier page. Plastic is pretty nice, tacky/little gummy. Make me an offer I can't refuse. :D

I was under the impression that NONE of the DX Colts had proto stamps, just the XT. The bin I was in the other day was that way.

They didn't have the mini proto bullseye, just underneath the barrel of the gun?

They didn't have the mini proto bullseye, just underneath the barrel of the gun?

I can double check when I get home, but I thought the two I had, the actual protostar was marked XTCO or whatever the "colt" letters are, and the revolver (with the small "prototype" scope reticle stamp) was DX.

images

Latest posts