• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Colt

Man, I really like how this disc feels in the hand. Super low profile, but with the security of a bead. More squared nose than the P1x, and a little more squished. Comfy.

Only used a DX and XT on the practice basket so far, but I notice the glide difference between the two. Both are super straight, but the DX has more glide in the circle. Looking forward to throwing them tomorrow.

How sweet would these be in a harder plastic, like a KC Colt?

Players pack this weekend included:

Word is, these are true prototypes, as in production runs will probably be tweaked. So if you like these, better stock up.

The XT Colt I picked up has a flat/sunken flight plate the dx Colt has a slight dome.The Colt is so thin the slight dome actually feels better in my hand.
I've been throwing them in my backyard which is only about 200' between baskets. They both have a slight turn and very slight fade. I'm noticing that the Colt does not move much at all after it hits the ground. We'll see how they hold up when a little more power is applied to them.

I was out throwing my XT Proto last night, and it threw a LOT like a beat in Wizard. I can't wait until this one is seasoned just a bit.

I'm surprised at the high speed stability on these things. For -1, I definitely get some turn, but I have to try to get it to turn all the way over or to get it to flip to flat. Really likes to hold a nice hyzer line, which was unexpected. Agree with thechamp that they don't move much once they hit the ground. Quite pleased with it so far. Very straight and powers down well.

I'm surprised at the high speed stability on these things. For -1, I definitely get some turn, but I have to try to get it to turn all the way over or to get it to flip to flat. Really likes to hold a nice hyzer line, which was unexpected. Agree with thechamp that they don't move much once they hit the ground. Quite pleased with it so far. Very straight and powers down well.
I can't wait to get out and put some power on these. If the Colt flies the same at 260' as they do at 200' I'll give them more of a tryout. On my short(200') throws in the backyard the Colt does hold a hyzer much better than I thought it would.

Thanks for the help. I'll wait to buy another till I can go to a shop and feel them up. I can't wait for a big bead Colt :hfive: .

Last edited:
Word is, these are true prototypes, as in production runs will probably be tweaked. So if you like these, better stock up.

That might explain the DX and XT production stamps with the little prototype addition to it. I don't remember Innova doing that before.

I took the Colts out to a course with some short par 3's. At 235' they still flew with a very slight turn and a slight fade. I threw a few hyzers in the 250' range that flattened a little but kept hyzering. I think the disc is very good and seems like a more forgiving Proxy that can be powered down.
I think the biggest problem people will have with this disc is is the feel. This disc is very thin with a very small rim. The Colt makes the Proxy feel fat by comparison.

Players pack this weekend included:

I heard that too, from a source I trust. Haven't had a chance to throw mine yet, feels nice tho. Very throwback feel.

Wait, so Innova already retooled the disc, meaning they had these in the back pocket while they release what is ultimately an immediately obsolete version of a new disc like a week ago?
So now feel free to buy these (which look super domey btw) and pay for the shipping from the factory store while you're at it?

Man, they sure know how to play their customers.
Sheesh.
Its like they still think they are the only game in town.

Wait, so Innova already retooled the disc, meaning they had these in the back pocket while they release what is ultimately an immediately obsolete version of a new disc like a week ago?
So now feel free to buy these (which look super domey btw) and pay for the shipping from the factory store while you're at it?

Man, they sure know how to play their customers.
Sheesh.
Its like they still think they are the only game in town.

You do know what the word "Prototype" means right? :doh:

The 24/7 innova bashing that happens around here really grinds my gears :wall:

Right... so a tiny "prototype" stamp I've never seen before on one version of the mold, while simultaneously releasing the same mold with the typical first run stamp in XT, but WAIT, we retooled the mold a week later in yet another plastic!

Meh. The company that gets grief for being inconsistent releases a new disc in a highly inconsistent manner. Grind away.

Last edited:
From Merriam Webster:

prototype
noun pro·to·type \ˈprō-tə-ˌtīp\

1 an original or first model of something from which other forms are copied or developed

2 someone or something that has the typical qualities of a particular group, kind, etc.

3 a first or early example that is used as a model for what comes later

See numbers one and three for clarification.