• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

*The Definitive DG Bag Modding Thread*

Frog tape is the shizz! I do a little house painting on the side and the couple extra bucks you'll spend over the blue 3m tape is worth not having to go back and touch up little spots where the paint bled through.

3m has a new version of their tape. It's exactly the same as frog tape, but cheaper. I believe they call it edge lock.

i'm resurecting this thread...because it's awesome!! and i recently got a revo dual pack and i was wondering if anyone had modded the disc storage compartment to keep the top storage compartment from saggin into the lower compartment....kinda makes it a pain to get discs in and out...i've got the carolina frame in ther i believe....has anyone done any simialr mods to a dual pack or maybe made a cage to fit into the lower storage compartment?

i'm resurecting this thread...because it's awesome!! and i recently got a revo dual pack and i was wondering if anyone had modded the disc storage compartment to keep the top storage compartment from saggin into the lower compartment....kinda makes it a pain to get discs in and out...i've got the carolina frame in ther i believe....has anyone done any simialr mods to a dual pack or maybe made a cage to fit into the lower storage compartment?

a thin sheet of plywood or the thick yard sign stuff would work.

that's actually what i was thinking....i took 2 1x1's i found lying around at wor and connected them lengthwise to a thick piece of plastic i also found at work and it fits over the original frame very nicely!!! thank sol!!!

I don't know if you'll find one the right size (i don't have the same bag you do) but when i needed to find a false bottom for my Hyzerbomb Demo bag, i found the perfect sized "Restroom" sign at staples. It's basically indistructable plastic, thin, lightweight, and wont mildew if it gets a little damp. and very cheap.

http://www.staples.com/Marking-Products-Inc-ADA-Restroom-Signs-Unisex-Sign/product_712399

s0395121_sc7

I don't know if you'll find one the right size (i don't have the same bag you do) but when i needed to find a false bottom for my Hyzerbomb Demo bag, i found the perfect sized "Restroom" sign at staples. It's basically indistructable plastic, thin, lightweight, and wont mildew if it gets a little damp. and very cheap.

http://www.staples.com/Marking-Products-Inc-ADA-Restroom-Signs-Unisex-Sign/product_712399

s0395121_sc7

Now I know where to take a leak when I am at Hot Shots...

So Im getting a bag, Innova deluxe, today I need to do something to the bottom for protection I think.

Plasti Dip or is there a better way since the last time I read about it?

So Im getting a bag, Innova deluxe, today I need to do something to the bottom for protection I think.

Plasti Dip or is there a better way since the last time I read about it?
Plastic ip is the way to go get the brush on type. Couple coats you are all good. I masked my bag with tape to ensure straight lines.

Plastic ip is the way to go get the brush on type. Couple coats you are all good. I masked my bag with tape to ensure straight lines.

Brush on? ok, I thought I saw somewhere else say the spray on is better. It would probably be easier to brush anyway and less mess.

I've used the spray on and the brush on Plasti-Dip. IMO, brush on is more durable. Not only does it waterproof the bottom of the bag, but it's fairly abrasion resistannt, and greatly reduces wear and tear on the fabric as you play round after round, increassing that aspect of bag life. 3-4 coats of brush-on does quite nicely.