• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Disc Beeper

Have not used one but for $24 I don't know if I would use it. Sure it could help you find a disc but if for some reason it fails (think about the wear and tear on a disc) you just went from $10-20 to $35-45.

Unfortunately, the smilies don't allow me to express my disdain for your lack of enthusiasm in hunting for your ill-thrown discs. :|

Oh wait, there was a smiley after all. :doh:

It says it weighs 6 grams but "doesn't affect the flight at all." :\

Description

Disc Beeper says this about the Disc Beeper: The Disc Beeper is an electronic device that is centrally placed underneath a Disc or Frisbee that allows players to easily find their Disc or Frisbee especially during the sport "Disc Golf." This device only weighs 6 grams and shows absolutely no noticeable effect on disc flight. Disc Beeper als... (more)
Disc Beeper says this about the Disc Beeper: The Disc Beeper is an electronic device that is centrally placed underneath a Disc or Frisbee that allows players to easily find their Disc or Frisbee especially during the sport "Disc Golf." This device only weighs 6 grams and shows absolutely no noticeable effect on disc flight. Disc Beeper also has a waterproof design. It has 3 distinct modes that allows up to 3 players to play at once. Disc Beeper has a push-button to turn it on requiring 550 grams of force to engage. Once the Disc Beeper is turned on, there is a 45 second delay to allow launch and attempted retrieval, allowing the user to throw it and will beep every 3 seconds until you turn it off. Disc Beeper is rechargeable via included micro usb cord. It holds up to 7-8 hours under 1 charge of 1 hour.
For anyone who plays the game Disc Golf (Frisbee Golf), You have probably lost one of your discs. This is frustrating because these discs typically cost around $20. Disc Beeper is a new product that attaches to the disc of your choice and produces an audible beeping sound that can be heard from over 200 feet away allowing you to find you disc every time!
Disc Beeper is the size of a US quarter and weighs 6 grams so it will not effect the flight of your disc (confirmed by many professional Disc Golf Players). It is waterproof, rechargeable (via micro-USB), and lasts for 6 hours on a single charge. It attaches to your disc with some of the strongest adhesive tape in the world (3M VHB) so it will not come off even after hard tree-strikes.
Each Disc Beeper Includes: Disc Beeper, Alcohol Swab, Primer Pen, Usb Cable and Sticker. (hide)

I hate looking for discs, hate losing them more, and often wish I could home in on an audible signal.
I kinda like this idea most for road trips and playing a course for the first few times.

A few thoughts:
Effect is a noun, affect is a verb, and I doubt 6 grams has no effect.
Concerned about detaching it for sanctioned events if adhiesive is that strong. Are you able to reapply for casual rounds afterwards?
I would think they could make this for far less than they are charging. How much more can these things cost to make than flat LED lights?

What we really need is a disc bleeper.

So when a shot goes terribly awry the bleeper drowns out the string of cuss words coming from the tee box. :|

I like the bacon idea better than the beeper, though the beeper sounds like an awesome idea having lost a couple in high grass and thorns

Got two of them. Put one on a 150g Champion Teebird, and the other on my wife's 148g Opto Diamond. In neither case has it seemed to affect the flight. Although we have not had any really tough tests so far, it has helped a few times to find the disc. When it has not, it has been because of either forgetting to turn it on before throwing, or not thinking that there was any danger on the hole.

I am ready to buy several more so that I can cover more of the stability spectrum in my drivers. Candidates at the moment are: Amp, RR, Valk, Volt, Katana, and TL.

As I understand it, you can't remove the Disc Beeper w/o destroying the disc, but I have been wondering if you couldn't manage to get it off with a razor blade since the adhesive pad seems to have enough thickness for the blade.

I can see this being useful for my kids, I know more than a few times we spent a good portion of time looking for their discs that they thrown bad and then they didn't pay attention to where it landed and even lost one this way.

But on the other hand they either have my old discs or some dx plastic that costs $8.00-$10.00, I think I would rather spend the $20 this beeper cost and just buy 2 extra discs if they do lose them.

As for myself, If I'm on a extreme hole somewhere and there is a chance that I could lose a disc in a lake or off a cliff, pond or anywhere where I might not be able to retrieve it, I will not throw my favorite or in replaceable disc and just choose another to throw.

Maybe if you got a pack of 4 for $20 where you could just attach these to a set just to be used a new heavily wooded courses,at dusk or a set for the kids, I would probably buy a set, but at $20 per beeper I will pass, Cool idea though!

As I understand it, you can't remove the Disc Beeper w/o destroying the disc, but I have been wondering if you couldn't manage to get it off with a razor blade since the adhesive pad seems to have enough thickness for the blade.

This would seem to make it a major inconvenience (if not a complete impossibility) for people who play tournies.

Buy only one, and put industrial strength Velcro on it and on the bottom of all your discs. No need to worry about getting adhesive off of your discs or worry about buying multiple units. After having a rough month of losing two discs I have been considering one of these to use on select holes and/or courses.

Stumbled upon this. It might be a better option for the same price. Just use industrial strength velcro like I mention in my other post.

Well, the velcro would still attach to your disc via adhesive and add the discernible thickness that violates the rule book. Still a good idea if you don't care about tourneys though.

I've played with a guy that uses the Disc Beeper, it does work pretty well. Makes a loud chirping sound, if you didn't know better you'd think you were hearing a weird cricket. But yeah, still no perfect solution with making your favorite discs easier to find and keeping them legal for tourney play as far as I can surmise.