• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark green comes out grey unless you do a quick dip of about 1 min in dark green followed by a longer dip on Kelly green until the green shade you want is achieved

LOL @ Zen! Yes, I masked it off, and it was the dark RIT green. I dipped it for about 5-7 minutes. I kept checking it, but it was always just gray.

Dark green is actually a pretty legit substitute for black if you don't have any....that's how dark it is... :eek:

I concur with LoPan. I actually use dark green for my black because it goes opaque faster than real black RIT for me. If you dip a paper towel in your mix you can get a good idea how the color will turn out. Just look at the color that runs up (absorbs) the paper towel the furthest and that will be pretty much what you will get on a white disc.

Last edited:
Also since we're talking grey's - Pearl Grey comes out purple unless you steep it for HOURS, then it starts to turn from purple shades to that faded blackish-greyish-purplish look.

Check out this sweet trifly I dyed...I mean bought...yeah...bought.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 49
Also since we're talking grey's - Pearl Grey comes out purple unless you steep it for HOURS, then it starts to turn from purple shades to that faded blackish-greyish-purplish look.
I don't agree with you there...both the blade body and edge are pearl grey from dips of a few minutes to 10~15 minutes
IMAG0173.jpg

Medium Ion. I never want to weed anything ever again........until tomorrow.

Champ Firebird. Did the back side of the disc for the first time. The back of the rim is red and this looks waaaaay better in person.

Soft Ion. Commissioned dye for someone on this board. I'm very happy with this one.

I don't agree with you there...both the blade body and edge are pearl grey from dips of a few minutes to 10~15 minutes
IMAG0173.jpg

I also have to disagree. The background here is pearl gray, about 10 min.
DSCN9058.jpg

Flamble -
I definitely know what a chore it can be to weed designs like that -- I'm serious when I suggest you stretch your fingers and hands often.
EXCELLENT work!

Revy from the anime Black Lagoon, on an Opto Havoc. Initially needed something because this light green disc is ****ing grass colored...but hey...where Revy goes, Havoc ensues.
IMAG0003.jpg

and yes, I realize that a few of her lines are broken...but my eyes hurt after fixing so many paths, that I gave up. Because they then hurt from weeding them. Because my blade was set short by just ONE RCH. JUST ONE. PAIN. IN. THE. ASS.

Last edited:
Medium Ion. I never want to weed anything ever again........until tomorrow.

Champ Firebird. Did the back side of the disc for the first time. The back of the rim is red and this looks waaaaay better in person.

Soft Ion. Commissioned dye for someone on this board. I'm very happy with this one.

^^^^CHARLIE IS MINE!!!! THANKS AGAIN FLAMBLE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.